For All Indecisive Anti-Virus Customers: A Comparative Chart

Hello Everyone! I am quite the computer security enthusiast and I have compiled a comparative chart of different anti-virus products for my own uses, but I would like to share it with you guys to help you decide on the best solution for you. My chart has way more data than anyone would ever need, but feel free to play around with it as you please. This chart is not guaranteed to be accurate and I could have made many mistakes, it is meant as a reference point for comparison only. I have included the Excel spreadsheet so you can play around with the sorting features and such should you have Excel. Unfortunately, I cannot get this spreadsheet to work with Google Docs. I have included statistics such as; protection, performance, and cost efficiency, using data from two independent malware testing institutes, and three separate tests in order to provide the most accurate information possible. Anyway, happy hunting!

Link to spreadsheet: https://mega.co.nz/#!sVhl0aZI!NgspnXW9ToMrA0AmN-oCWnI_-5wGjCa7UH6msHZhkp8

Edit: Added visual graphic bar indicators, updated information, and included Comodo.

Gear: Logitech G9X | Steelseries Sensei | Logitech Z623 | Das Keyboard Professional MX Blue | 2X ASUS VH242 23.6" | Samsung Galaxy S4 | Sager NP8230

Main PC: Windows 8.1 | NZXT Tempest EVO | FX 6200 @ Stock | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 12 GB Assorted 1333 MHz | Zalman CNPS9500 | MSI 6850 Hawk @ Stock | Rosewill 600W

Home Server: Windows Server 2012 Datacenter | CM HAF-X | Phenom II 925 @ Stock | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 | 8 GB G.SKILL 1866 MHz | Noctua NH-U12P | MSI 7970 TF Boost @ 1200 MHz | Corsair AX 850

Hello Everyone! I am quite the anti-virus / computer security enthusiast and I have compiled a comparative chart of different anti-virus products for my own uses, but I would like to share it with you guys to help you decide on the best solution for you. My chart has way more data than anyone would ever need, but feel free to play around with it as you please. This chart is not guaranteed to be accurate and I could have made many mistakes, it is meant as a reference point for comparison only. I have included the Excel spreadsheet so you can play around with the sorting features and such should you have Excel. Unfortunately, I cannot get this spreadsheet to work with Google Docs. Anyway, happy hunting! Link to spreadsheet: https://mega.co.nz/#!oBJ2nBgY!Qa6mmDxV0vMhRRd7TiUZE2-RUHM9qqLMQgkTEQkKsjs

Great chart, thanks a bunch +1

just read through it.  Which would you personally recommend?

Personally, I would recommend Bitdefender or G Data. The Bitdefender engine is one of, if not the best engine available. Their interface is sleek and surprisingly functional, and their autopilot mode is excellent for someone who is not too familiar with malware. G Data uses its own engine, plus the Bitdefender engine so it offers great protection as well as having superior prices and a great interface. Either would be great for a normal user, both run efficiently and don't hog system resources. I will say, however, that I would recommend no antivirus at all to anyone that is experienced with computer security enough too know what they are doing on their computer.

Gear: Logitech G9X | Steelseries Sensei | Logitech Z623 | Das Keyboard Professional MX Blue | 2X ASUS VH242 23.6" | Samsung Galaxy S4 | Sager NP8230

Main PC: Windows 8.1 | NZXT Tempest EVO | FX 6200 @ Stock | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 12 GB Assorted 1333 MHz | Zalman CNPS9500 | MSI 6850 Hawk @ Stock | Rosewill 600W

Home Server: Windows Server 2012 Datacenter | CM HAF-X | Phenom II 925 @ Stock | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 | 8 GB G.SKILL 1866 MHz | Noctua NH-U12P | MSI 7970 TF Boost @ 1200 MHz | Corsair AX 850

Personally, I would recommend Bitdefender or G Data. The Bitdefender engine is one of, if not the best engines available. Their interface is sleek and surprisingly functional, and their autopilot mode is excellent for someone who is not too familiar with malware. G Data uses its own engine, plus the Bitdefender engine so it offers great protection as well as having superior prices and a great interface. Either would be great for a normal user, both run efficiently and don't hog system resources.

Thanks for the answer. I think im going to look into getting G Data now for all the computers in the house.