wont start up

Red Harbinger
Go to solution Solved by SkilledRebuilds,

Is there a way to update your board's bios via a usb stick plugged in without the bios needing to be entered.

Kind of like a flash back feature.

Bios on USB, plug in USB, flash's board, power on to new bios version that hopefully supports your CPU.

But yeah tweet/contact ASUS, if you read around those google pages you'd see this is 'not rare' of uncommon of an issue. They should already know about it and should be able to provide you with the exact info your after on how to fix it.

also last 4 digit on the motherboard barcode is 4004 doesnt that mean the bios is already updated???

Code - 4004 - Dunno, didn't read the mobo, google searched "rampage iv CPU 00 code " instead.

i know this could really be anything, but i just started up my computer that i just built and seem that everything is running fine, but nothing will appear on the monitor.

build specs-

asus rampage iv gene

r9 295x2

ax1500i

samsung evo 1tb

nzxt x61

corsair vengeance 2133 c9

i know this could really be anything, but i just started up my build and seem that everything is running fine, but nothing will appear on the monitor.

Build = ?

"Rawr XD"

my computer

I'm guessing that was more targeted as to what hardware you have. We need to know what we're working with in order to contribute. If you're running 2 295x2's with a 4770k on a 100 watt PSU, we've solved it right there. (hypothetically speaking, with those specs, of course)

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I'm guessing that was more targeted as to what hardware you have. We need to know what we're working with in order to contribute. If you're running 2 295x2's with a 4770k on a 100 watt PSU, we've solved it right there. (hypothetically speaking, with those specs, of course)

my bad ill make the edit

Does the POST LED readout give any errors?

Do you have a secondary GPU that you could try, or a secondary monitor?

A secondary cable(s), or alternative cables (such as a different output?)

and, simply because it does get overlooked, have you checked the display's input settings?

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Which power supply are you using?

Erm.. it's in the OP... :P

AX1500i.

Erm.. it's in the OP... :P

AX 1500i.

Oh lol, I didn't refresh the page before he edited so OP hasn't changed. See it now

"Rawr XD"

@Red Harbinger

Try a different plug on the GPU, if that doesn't work, then try a whole different GPU

X79 annoys me with these things, since it doesn't have integrated graphics as a backup if your GPU is the source of the issue

"Rawr XD"

Does the POST LED readout give any errors?

Do you have a secondary GPU that you could try, or a secondary monitor?

A secondary cable(s), or alternative cables (such as a different output?)

and, simply because it does get overlooked, have you checked the display's input settings?

the led readout is at 00 and doesnt change, and i dont have a secondary gpu, but i have 3 monitors and tried them all, using different inputs and yes i have checked the input settings, also the gpu is from my old rig so i know it works

Try running it of the Intel HD Graphics and see if it works?

Is it a monkey? Is it an ape? I don't care, I LOVE'EM!

Try running it of the Intel HD Graphics and see if it works?

no onboard graphics :(

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

thankyou this helps alot, so from what ive seen, do you only need a new bios chip? im not getting a cpu led though, then again i know that the gene isnt truly optimized for lga 2011 like their other boards, so that is more than likely the promblem. This is my first build so, a bit to take in lol :(

also last 4 digit on the motherboard barcode is 4004 doesnt that mean the bios is already updated???

Is there a way to update your board's bios via a usb stick plugged in without the bios needing to be entered.

Bios on USB, plug in USB, flash's board, power on to new bios version that hopefully supports your CPU.

But yeah tweet/contact ASUS, if you read around those google pages you'd see this is 'not rare' of uncommon of an issue. They should already know about it and should be able to provide you with the exact info your after on how to fix it.

Code - 4004 - Dunno, didn't read the mobo, google searched "rampage iv CPU 00 code " instead.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

where do you download the bios flashback, asus site only leads you to donwloads for the new x99 boards and not the iv gene

where do you download the bios flashback, asus site only leads you to donwloads for the new x99 boards and not the iv gene

You don't download the bios flashback, you download the bios and then use the bios flashback on the board if it has this feature. If it has this feature, there is a port on the back you plug it into and a button to push on the board or the rear panel. If your bios is 1404 or older, you'll need to download and install the bios converter utility.

You don't download the bios flashback, you download the bios and then use the bios flashback on the board if it has this feature. If it has this feature, there is a port on the back you plug it into and a button to push on the board or the rear panel. If your bios is 1404 or older, you'll need to download and install the bios converter utility.

i do have the flashback feature, and just downloaded the latest bios revision of 4901, but asus is saying i need to rename the file accroding to there list but again its only for x99 where would i find to rename the file

i just watched a youtube video saying that the rom has to be renamed first, according to motherboard model and place in root directory, with the gene being renamed to R4G.ROM. 

Nevermind the cap format is the latest, so should it be R4G.CAP

orignial file- Rampage-IV-Gene-ASUS-4901.CAP

now what would it look like after being renamed?

thankyou finally got the system working today, after updating the bios using the usb :)

Sweet, thank god your not up for new gear, happy you resolved your issues.

Thanks for the thanks