Can we ban Phone numbers in titles?

Tro

These spam posts are so annoying and they have a phone number in the title most of the time, If we ban that maybe there will be less of those "love and marriage/black magic" bullshit posts.

Not sure how you should ban phone numbers but it's just a suggestion.

No normal forum users put phone numbers in titles so it should be fine in that aspect.

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

These spam posts are so annoying and they have a phone number in the title most of the time, If we ban that maybe there will be less of those "love and marriage/black magic" bullshit posts.

Not sure how you should ban phone numbers but it's just a suggestion.

No normal forum users put phone numbers in titles so it should be fine in that aspect.

But I want Love-Guru Rajesh Nahasapimalama to use his black magic to get me a new kitchen :(

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

But I want Love-Guru Rajesh Nahasapimalama to use his black magic to get me a new kitchen :(

lol hahaha

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

This would require a system to actually ID the phone-number from the title, this could cause problems and would most likely be difficult to implement. Even then the spammers would most likely just not put it in the title anymore.

If anything there needs to be a minimum of 5 min delay on creating a new topic, even in off-topic.

Additionally there may be a need to recruit more admins, and not just ones from Canada. Some from different time zones as well. 

I wonder if there could be a forum auto admin?

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

but what happens when AMD releases a new graphics card called the 251-710-9950? -fyi thats one number away from a BC number. 

The 250 stands for TDP 

710 stands for wattage of heat output 

9950:

9 is for the ninth generation 

9 is for the highest tier

50 is for the level with the highest tier 

My 2 cents (below)

And it wont matter because then there will just be spammers who don't put phone numbers in the title. Or just don't put in numbers at all- which I mean is pretty hard when what is there is just random words and phrases that have been translated into 50 different languages and then back into English, on purpose to see how bad things can get messed up. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

This would require a system to actually ID the phone-number from the title, this could cause problems and would most likely be difficult to implement. Even then the spammers would most likely just not put it in the title anymore.

If anything there needs to be a minimum of 5 min delay on creating a new topic, even in off-topic.

Additionally there may be a need to recruit more admins, and not just ones from Canada. Some from different time zones as well. 

I wonder if there could be a forum auto admin?

Yeah i thought it was gonna be hard to ban a number like that... And yeah, bigger delay between creating topics would be great.. 10 seconds is kinda crazy. And there are admins from Europe, but not many... 

but what happens when AMD releases a new graphics card called the 251-710-9950? -fyi thats one number away from a BC number. 

The 250 stands for TDP 

710 stands for wattage of heat output 

9 is for the ninth generation 

9 is for the highest tier

50 is for the level with the highest tier

What?

*90 is for the level with the highest tier*

Corrected, as far as I know the current top tier GPU from AMD ends with 90, and the one before the R line-up ended with a 70.

Example: the 7950 was not the most powerful GPU AMD released before the 7990.

*Useless correcting intensifies*

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

What?

Honestly,I really don't know either. I just to type on my new keyboard since my teachers are on strike and I don't have any assignments to type out. On top of that its 2:30am and I am suffering from a lack of sleep and a large dose of caffeine. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Honestly,I really don't know either. I just to type on my new keyboard since my teachers are on strike and I don't have any assignments to type out. On top of that its 2:30am and I am suffering from a lack of sleep and a large dose of caffeine. 

HOW DID THIS TOPIC GO FROM BANNING PHONE NUMBERS TO AMD PRODUCT NAMES.

lol

I think you're on the wrong topic.

Corrected, as far as I know the current top tier GPU from AMD ends with 90, and the one before the R line-up ended with a 70.

Example: the 7950 was not the most powerful GPU AMD released before the 7990.

*Useless correcting intensifies*

ahh hek, the 50 is representing the level within the 9xx series. 

HOW DID THIS TOPIC GO FROM BANNING PHONE NUMBERS TO AMD PRODUCT NAMES.

lol

I think you're on the wrong topic.

I was thinking up a hypothetical scenario in which having phone numbers banned may be a bad idea. All be it its very unlikely. 

Plus I put my real 2 cents below the whole AMD naming scheme. 

Spoiler

I was thinking up a hypothetical scenario in which having phone numbers banned may be a bad idea. All be it its very unlikely. 

Plus I put my real 2 cents below the whole AMD naming scheme. 

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I thought you were talking about something totally random lol. Now everything makes sense. I blame the fact that i just woke up :P

But if you call 1800Magic99 you can chat with harry potter :D I don't want that to be baned :D

JK JK JK

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

9xx? Do you mean R9 xxx? Or do you mean 2xx, because the current top tier -single GPU- card is R9 290(x).

Unless you are talking about a GTX 9xx card, in which case the GTX 950 would be the Nvidia's next flagship card...

Spoiler

But if you call 1800Magic99 you can chat with harry potter :D I don't want that to be baned :D

JK JK JK

calling now

Just look out for certain keywords. Not necessarily ban people for them but auto-report instead. For example:

If a post contains the sentence "Love makes your soul crawl out" the system would auto-report it as probable spam. That way we'd be able to eliminate the need for reporting the most common spam.

Enough posts auto-reported within a certain time-limit, especially if the posts are the first in a topic, and you'd be prevented from posting. This would also noticeably lessen the effect of false-positives.

Just look out for certain keywords. Not necessarily ban people for them but auto-report instead. For example:

If a post contains the sentence "Love makes your soul crawl out" the system would auto-report it as probable spam. That way we'd be able to eliminate the need for reporting the most common spam.

Enough posts auto-reported within a certain time-limit, especially if the posts are the first in a topic, and you'd be prevented from posting. This would also noticeably lessen the effect of false-positives.

The issue isn't necessarily with post in a topic, but the topics them selves. Unless that is what you meant, otherwise I agree. 

Spoiler

9xx? Do you mean R9 xxx? Or do you mean 2xx, because the current top tier -single GPU- card is R9 290(x).

Unless you are talking about a GTX 9xx card, in which case the GTX 950 would be the Nvidia's next flagship card...

The 9xx Im referring is after the first nine. SO 9950  9xxxx is the generation, 9xx is the generation level 5/7/9x is the tier with in the generation number. 

This is going no where fast forget I even mentioned this. It was never supposed to make 100% sense. 

Spoiler

Well if half the first sentence is English and the other half is Russian, it is a pretty good sign its spam. We don't need keyword finders, just something to recognise English and Russian in the same sentence. 

Spoiler