Budget headphones?

rl249

Hey guys, I'm looking to get the best pair of headphones that i can for about €60 / 80 USD /  £50

I'll mostly be using them for listening to music and occasional gaming. I play bass guitar and would more than likely use them for listening to music while I play or plugging them into the bass itself, so it'll need to handle bass without rattling or whatever else  

I heard good reviews on Razer electra, but in my opinion you just pay for a logo with razer.. maybe someone can prove me wrong  :P

side question - can you get a Logitech G502 in green? the blue doesn't go with my color scheme

https://soundcloud.com/sonic-sense-pro-audio/headphone-source-track/s-XD1NV?in=sonic-sense-pro-audio/sets/heaphones-under-100

What one do you like most? These are under $100. The Audio Technica M40X is great for $100, tuned for very accurate sound, but 20$ over your budget.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

The Superlux HD668B are considered one of the best budget headphones. The AT M30X would also be a good bet.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

i love rush

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

pioneer se a1000. bit loose but you can mod em with band.

The Superlux HD668B are considered one of the best budget headphones. The AT M30X would also be a good bet.

nah. they are not balanced as name would suggest. too much highs. EVO should be choice instead for that price range. or htf600s. 

https://soundcloud.com/sonic-sense-pro-audio/headphone-source-track/s-XD1NV?in=sonic-sense-pro-audio/sets/heaphones-under-100

What one do you like most? These are under $100. The Audio Technica M40X is great for $100, tuned for very accurate sound, but 20$ over your budget.

After listening to this stuff I can honestly say you cannot use this as a good comparison of headphone sound. I have a acoustically treated room with event opal monitors and for exampel the fact that the Audeze LCD X sound like garbage is makes these comparisons useless. The LCD X is by far the best set of headphones I have ever tried, but this comparison makes it sound really strange and unpleasant. 

As for what headphones OP should get. There is no right or wrong since sound is consumed different by everyone. Go to a store and try everything yourself, find the one you like the most and that is in your price range and go for it. There is no right or wrong here, just the pair you liked the most. 

After listening to this stuff I can honestly say you cannot use this as a good comparison of headphone sound. I have a acoustically treated room with event opal monitors and for exampel the fact that the Audeze LCD X sound like garbage is makes these comparisons useless. The LCD X is by far the best set of headphones I have ever tried, but this comparison makes it sound really strange and unpleasant. 

As for what headphones OP should get. There is no right or wrong since sound is consumed different by everyone. Go to a store and try everything yourself, find the one you like the most and that is in your price range and go for it. There is no right or wrong here, just the pair you liked the most. 

Unfortunately in ireland there are no good PC stores or music stores... The only headphones you'll find are Beats 

Has anyone any word on Razer headphones?

Unfortunately in ireland there are no good PC stores or music stores... The only headphones you'll find are Beats 

Has anyone any word on Razer headphones?

http://www.thomann.de/ie/index.html

Seriously, don't get gaming toys, especially some Razer crap. The Superlux HD681 Evo or 668b (bass boosted) or 668f (flat) are so much better.

Logitech UE 6000. They go for 85USD on Amazon. These are even good at there retail price of $200 and are slightly better than ATH M50's.