'True' FM2+ chipsets

Go to solution Solved by Levent,

i'm just curious.

afaik FM2 has 904 pins while FM2+ has 906 so i doubt that is the case.

EDIT: yes i was correct 

Hi.

I've heard that some motherboard manufacturers have modified the BIOSs on their AM3 boards to work with AM3+, and that the only 'true' AM3+ platforms are the 9 series. Does the same thing apply with FM2 and FM2+? Have any companies modified their BIOSs for FM2+? If yes, what are the 'true' FM2+ chipsets?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

why would that make a difference?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

why would that make a difference?

i'm just curious.

i'm just curious.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

So, on the FM2 socket there are only 904 holes for the pins to go into or do they have the same number of holes?

So, on the FM2 socket there are only 904 holes for the pins to go into or do they have the same number of holes?

yup 904 holes for 904 pins on FM2 and 906 holes on FM2+

Physically incompatible.

Whereas AM3+ has 942 pins but the CPUs have 938

Ah I see.

Thanks everybody.