Fans for monsta rads!

Hey guys,

I have got two alphacool monsta rads which I am going to need to attach fans too. I currently have some Corsair SP120's attached to one but they are slightly damaged because of the old case warping.

What are good fans to use for this type of rad as I didn't really think last time and just bought SP120's because of the colour rings.

This is going to be setup in a push config as the res is going to be mounted on the back of one of one and the flow meter of the back of the other...

SilverStone Air Penetrators

Noctua NF-F12 Industrial PPC

EDIT: in a recent NCIX video, Linus said they got better cooling when using Air flow fans for pull, and Static Pressure fans for push (in a push/pull config)

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

A 1300rpm fan ain't gonna do jack on a 80mm thick radiator.You gotta go push/pull(unless you have the high performance ones)

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Hey guys,

I have got two alphacool monsta rads which I am going to need to attach fans too. I currently have some Corsair SP120's attached to one but they are slightly damaged because of the old case warping.

What are good fans to use for this type of rad as I didn't really think last time and just bought SP120's because of the colour rings.

This is going to be setup in a push config as the res is going to be mounted on the back of one of one and the flow meter of the back of the other...

You definitely need push/pull or some good static pressure fans at high RPM in push or pull for Monsta rads.

Option 1: not overly expensive fans in push/pull, Noiseblocker PL-2's (UK/EU), AP121's, SP120, Hyperborea's. Obviously if you have the budget for it, you can do push/pull NF-F12's or Eloops.

Option 2: Noiseblocker E-loops or NF-F12's at around 1400RPM> in push/pull.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

You definitely need push/pull or some good static pressure fans at high RPM in push or pull for Monsta rads.

Option 1: not overly expensive fans in push/pull, Noiseblocker PL-2's (UK/EU), AP121's, SP120, Hyperborea's. Obviously if you have the budget for it, you can do push/pull NF-F12's or Eloops.

Option 2: Noiseblocker E-loops or NF-F12's at around 1400RPM> in push/pull.

I am looking at the ELoops and they look pretty nice! Would probably spray them black as I really hate white components...

I watched TTL customs video and he said that you can run low RPM fans of these because of the low fins per inch that the monstas have. I am running my SP120's in just push and on fan speed reducers and the whole system doesn't get about 30 degrees most of the time...

I am looking at the ELoops and they look pretty nice! Would probably spray them black as I really hate white components...

I watched TTL customs video and he said that you can run low RPM fans of these because of the low fins per inch that the monstas have. I am running my SP120's in just push and on fan speed reducers and the whole system doesn't get about 30 degrees most of the time...

Yeah, the E-loops are nice. Virtually quiet up to 1400RPM. I would recommend the B12-3' or B12-P. 

True, they're low fpi and SP120's are pretty good although quite loud compared to other premium fans. I assume you also have enough rads which is mainly what's given you those great temps. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Monsta's have low FPI, so any decent static pressure will do.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Yeah, the E-loops are nice. Virtually quiet up to 1400RPM. I would recommend the B12-3' or B12-P. 

True, they're low fpi and SP120's are pretty good although quite loud compared to other premium fans. I assume you also have enough rads which is mainly what's given you those great temps. 

I like the overall design of the E-Loops and if they are quieter than the Corsairs then I will be very happy!

The new setup will have my old 240mm Monsta rad and my new 360mm monsta rad! I think both of these in push will cool my components nicely!

Just bought some Phobya E-Loops. Apparently Noiseblocker and Phobia came together and made an all black E-loops! Got the 1800rpm ones and I will then run them through a fan speed reducer...

• 2 weeks later...

With Monsta rads push pull is a must, even if its fans on a low speed. Thinner rads generally dont need push pull unless you want a couple of degrees off the temps. Ive got Silverstone AP 121s and 141s on my rads and they are fantastic.

Corsair 750D | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 9590 | Kingston HyperX 16GB@1866MHz | MSI R9 290X Lightning | Seasonic 1050W Platinum | 2x WD 3TB Green HDD | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | Crucial 512GB SSD 

Alphacool XT45 360mm | Alphacool Monsta 280mm | Silverstone AP121 | Silverstone AP141 | EK Supremacy Elite | EK ASUS C5F-Z | EK R9-290X Lightning | EK 3/8-1/2 Nickel | XSPC D5 Acrylic Tank | Primochill 3/8-1/2