AMD announces latest step to help mature HSA; partners with Microsoft

nicehat

This is correct, however Intel refused to give them a license.

The Tegra K1 was meant to be x86. They simply changed the decoders.

However its performance will still be behind other x86 processors in most task, due to it been an in-order architecture that stimulates out-of-order execution.

Not to mention a 34% accurate branch predictor vs. Intel's ~78% accurate one.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Not to mention a 34% accurate branch predictor vs. Intel's ~78% accurate one.

Ye, however the branch is less important in a in-order architecture.

It would have been terrible on x86.

Not really. When you consider CPU cores can become less complex (and thus less hot) and GPU cores can take over some tasks, everything gets sped up while being EASIER to cool.

This IS AMD we are talking about.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Much like Mantle yes. However I can't fault them for that: They desperately need to innovate somehow if they (obviously) can't compete on raw power vs intel.

hehe i think they could compete with intel they just dont want to they took an other way in things they innovate and you guys should apreciate it more because they might make something really usefull someday,if they do the same thing all the time it wont lead nowhere IMO

hehe i think they could compete with intel they just dont want to they took an other way in things they innovate and you guys should apreciate it more because they might make something really usefull someday,if they do the same thing all the time it wont lead nowhere IMO

wat?

I don't think Khronos implementing Mantle-like features into OpenGL and OpenCL would be anti-competitive. I mean, the code was given to them to do whatever they want with it, and can non-profit groups that release free and open source products really be anti-competitive?

I was actually responding to victorious Secrets saying

Kronos can just turn around, say "Hey Intel, Nvidia, lets have fun" and AMD will be left at the starting blocks as usual.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

PFFFT!!! Lies!!! Yes, Apple builds Coco into the version it runs on XCode, but all sorts of people contribute to it including AMD, the GNU software devs, Bell Labs, and many more.

Dude, they hired the creator...that's as direct a connection as it gets.

The creator designed Swift by the way, so all of you people that doubt it's going to be fucking blazing by 1.0 should learn your history.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Dude, they hired the creator...that's as direct a connection as it gets.

The creator designed Swift by the way, so all of you people that doubt it's going to be fucking blazing by 1.0 should learn your history.

LLVM was complete except for advanced regex back in 2013. Apple doesn't have as much hand in Clang as it does in the Xcode IDE and their proprietary libraries. It's already the most optimizing compiler on the market and only microseconds slower than GCC.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

LLVM was complete except for advanced regex back in 2013. Apple doesn't have as much hand in Clang as it does in the Xcode IDE and their proprietary libraries. It's already the most optimizing compiler on the market and only microseconds slower than GCC.

Jeez man, I love LLVM too. I realize they didn't invent clang, however it's largely their project. They've always supported open source. The creator of it is on their payroll, for crying out loud.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

wow some serious troll action in this thread. Does this always happen in AMD threads or just the status quo for this forum?

AMD/Nvidia blood runs hot in these parts best keep your flame suit at the ready when addressing either of these companies.

Much like Mantle yes. However I can't fault them for that: They desperately need to innovate somehow if they (obviously) can't compete on raw power vs intel.

it depends on the task

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

What do you mean AMD gets a jump on Intel? Intel has already caught up to Kaveri with Skylake, putting them exactly 1 HSA generation behind Carrizo at the time both platforms launch mid 2015. Intel wins, as usual.

where can I get one of Intel Skylake processor

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

wow some serious troll action in this thread. Does this always happen in AMD threads or just the status quo for this forum?

Everyone's an egotist about something. AMD threads and anything sourced by WCCF generate flame wars eventually.

where can I get one of Intel Skylake processor

About one month before AMD's Carrizo launches: May 2015. That catches Intel up to Kaveri, and Intel already has a bug-free high-bandwidth solution.