Need help finding a case!

Shinkachi
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

OKAY GUYS - I've come to the conclusion that if I want, what I want, which I do, then I have to raise the budget. I've had great help from here and the LinusTechTips channel on YT, did a lot of searching and this is my conclusion:

The 400R, the NZXT Phantom 410 and the Enthoo Pro are all more or less the SAME price in Denmark - And they are the 3 of which I have to choose.

I am very stoked about the design of the Phantom 410, looks awesome and well, I really like the looks of it and it's features. It looks clean and awesome (As a guy who loves design, Draws and paints a lot and find joy in great looking stuff, this is more or less forplay for me).

The LTT Video on YT about the Enthoo Pro looks great, though I did not like the fact that the window seems scratched at arrival (Have anyone else had the same problem, or was this just a single case flaw??(And of course I can buy without the window)). But a lot of you guys seem to prefer this case to any other at this price range, and that has made me aware and interested in it as well.

The 400R seems a bit too... I don't know, but to me it looks like what I wanted to avoid with most pc cases, getting the "Modded" look, so it's a bit of a "turn off" for me.

BUT in the end, I want value for the money, quality and that it works great. So I guess ATM it's inbetween the Phantom and the Enthoo in a final standoff.

What do you guys recommend? Why? and why not the latter? Pro's Con's? I appreciate all the help you've  provided so far.

They are both good cases, so if you prefer the Phantom then it isn't a bad choice. If you look at the reviews for both cases from the same website, they both score very well. 

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NZXT/Phantom_410/1.html

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Phanteks/Enthoo_Pro/1.html

I'm looking to upgrade my case, as the one I've got now (CM690 Standard) isn't very ugradeable friendly! (As in tight space, no CPU Cutout, poor cable management)

The new case need to be able to have:

Space for H100i Corsair liquid cooler top mount (ALL INSIDE THE CASE!!!!!).

Space for SLI set-up.
CPU Cutout.

Cable management in the back.

Be cheap (80-100$).
LONGELIVETY!!!!! - I don't wanna have to buy a new case for a LOOOOOOONG time.

Great airflow and fan dust filters preffered!

Currently I'm looking at the Corsair 200r - But open to suggestions! 

Enthoo pro

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Corsair 450D, C70, Air 540, 750D

Really? C70, air 540 and 750d all out of price range

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

All of those are over $100 on pcpartpicker

Enthoo pro

^^This. There is nothing better at this price point imo.

All of those are over $100 on pcpartpicker

You can get a 450d for $100

You can get a 450d for $100

I was just going off pcpartpicker  ;) The 450D is a good case. I would still take the Phanteks though  :)

Do you even know how much these cost?

Hello and welcome to the LTT forum

1. Fractal Design R3

4. Corsiar 230t (they have different colors)

These are my favorite under $100 cases and i'm fairly sure thy meet your specs though i would go back and double check yourself.

Hope this helps ;)

1. Fractal Design R4

2. Corsair 300r

3. Fractal Design R3

4. Corsiar 230t (they have different colors)

These are my favorite under $100 cases and i'm fairly sure thy meet your specs though i would go back and double check yourself.

Hope this helps ;)

What about enthoo pro?

1. Fractal Design R3

Hope this helps ;)

I think Enthoo Pro is a better option than any of them.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

1. Fractal Design R3

Hope this helps ;)

Link 1 and 3 are broken so can't see them (1: Links to a MSI motherboard, 2: Links back to my post.)

The Enthoo Pro is 140$ in Denmark (Where I live)....

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Okay, so the 230T, 300R and the 400R are all compatible for H100i and fairly cheap - Which one is most recomended ?? I'd like it to be with great cable management, no modding for fitting the h100i and well yeah, that's kinda it

The Enthoo Pro is 140$ in Denmark (Where I live)....

Hence the reason I didn't link it. :)

Hence the reason I didn't link it. :)

Great :) - But as said, ATM I'm looking at the 230T, 300R and 400R, but don't know how to choose.

There are some NZXT H440 cases listed on pcpartpicker at $99.99

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

There are some NZXT H440 cases listed on pcpartpicker at $99.99

Yeah - But what I've noticed throughout most of the suggestions here, in Denmark, most of those cases which is <100$ can't be bought in DK or from UK/Germany for less than 140$.. Which is my biggest problem :/ So I'm thinking to raise my budget, even though it's hard - And atm I've got my sight set on NZXT Phantom 410..

Yeah - But what I've noticed throughout most of the suggestions here, in Denmark, most of those cases which is <100$ can't be bought in DK or from UK/Germany for less than 140$.. Which is my biggest problem :/ So I'm thinking to raise my budget, even though it's hard - And atm I've got my sight set on NZXT Phantom 410..

On pcpartpicker the Phantom 410 does not have the H100i listed among compatible coolers, otherwise I would have suggested that as well

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

@Shinkachi

Have you considered the Corsair carbide Air 540? I've got one, it's pretty nice. Not too terribly expensive. Excellent amount of airflow for cooling with rads or plain old heatsink

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

On pcpartpicker the Phantom 410 does not have the H100i listed among compatible coolers, otherwise I would have suggested that as well

Well, that is true, BUT the top of the case allows the radiator/fans to be installed beneath the detachable cover, still giving it a clean look, while either the fans or radiator is inside of the case, so it's the cheapest solutions out there for me atm. (I've watched the LinusTechTips review on youtube several times to be sure as well

) So that enables me to get a rather cheap case, where i can have a clean look without doing any modding solely because of that top part.

@Shinkachi

Have you considered the Corsair carbide Air 540? I've got one, it's pretty nice. Not too terribly expensive. Excellent amount of airflow for cooling with rads or plain old heatsink

Yes, Actually I had, but thats 180$ in DK.

The cheapest so far, enabling me for a clean look and is compatible with what i requested is the Phantom 410, though I gotta throw another 30 bucks into it (As in DK it's aprox. 130 bucks)

Enthoo pro

This, I have the big brother the Primo and Phantek cases are awesome build quality and great cable management systems.

We can build it, we have the technology!

Well, that is true, BUT the top of the case allows the radiator/fans to be installed beneath the detachable cover, still giving it a clean look, while either the fans or radiator is inside of the case, so it's the cheapest solutions out there for me atm. (I've watched the LinusTechTips review on youtube several times to be sure as well -snip So that enables me to get a rather cheap case, where i can have a clean look without doing any modding solely because of that top part.

Yes, Actually I had, but thats 180$ in DK.

The cheapest so far, enabling me for a clean look and is compatible with what i requested is the Phantom 410, though I gotta throw another 30 bucks into it (As in DK it's aprox. 130 bucks)

Damn that's expensive.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs