[US] Newegg Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X [$450]

Bonsuki

That's a good deal. Shame i just bought a 290x

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

And its out of stock

still a good find :)

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

And its out of stock

still a good find :)

I think you might have gone to the UK newegg site. The forum is glitchy like that. It sends you over there sometimes and it'll say out of stock because they won't ship it to UK. 

Why not just get the ones $30-$40 more and get that newegg $50 gift card? I mean, only if you didn't want the sapphire one. Plus with the MIR's from company's like Gigabyte and XFX could drop the price even lower!

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

R9 290x for $450 or the R9 290 for $330?

Get the R9 for $330!  Silly to pay $120 for a factory overclock when all it takes is moving a couple of sliders around on MSI Afterburner.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Get the R9 for $330!  Silly to pay $120 for a factory overclock when all it takes is moving a couple of sliders around on MSI Afterburner.

Can the R9 290 over clock to what the R9 290x can? 

Can the R9 290 over clock to what the R9 290x can? 

Yup.  Its the same exact chip.  The "X" just denotes that it comes factory overclocked.  Every chip is unique, so results may vary, but it is the same exact chip, so they will be able to reach the same maximum overclock, the R9 290X is just guaranteed to run at that factory overclocked setting.  Definitely not worth the additional $120.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Yup.  Its the same exact chip.  The "X" just denotes that it comes factory overclocked.  Every chip is unique, so results may vary, but it is the same exact chip, so they will be able to reach the same maximum overclock, the R9 290X is just guaranteed to run at that factory overclocked setting.  Definitely not worth the additional $120.

So, there basically the same exact card.  Except one in $120 more?

Not actually. The 290x has more stream processors than the 290 and offers more compute performance

Source:

AMD-Radeon-R9-290-specifications.jpg

Life.exe is missing

Its the same card, the R9 290 just has a small portion of its stream processors cut off.  Its basically 10-15% more performance that can be overcome with an overclock. Similar to 780 to 780Ti.  Not worth the additional money.