Should i but this 240mm AIO cooler?

COOLER MASTER Seidon 240M..Its cheap and has some pretty good reviews.I wanted a H100i but i have heard alot of issues with it..

Corsair has excellent customer service. If something goes wrong with your H100i within the warranty you can RMA it.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

hmmm....... ghosts here i shall let him answer :P

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

hmmm....... ghosts here i shall let him answer :P

I haven't looked at the Seidon yet so go ahead. :o

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I've been interested in buying this cooler as well and this is what I've found about it so far..

This is the best video review I've seen of this cooler. It might help..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9gu0v5bUcc

Best written review and comparison

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6916/cooler-master-seidon-240m-and-12-more-coolers-the-retest-and-megaroundup

As far as I can tell, the things going for this cooler are:

1. Cheap ($20 cheaper than h100i currently)

2. Completely new design.. not a rebranded asetek/coolit unit like everything else on market.

3. Aesthetics (persona taste) - I liked the low profile and unobtrusive look the pump/block.

4. Scalable fans..PWM goes from 800-2400 Rpm.

5. From the reviews I've read, the pump is super silent

6. Serviceable (has a fill port)

The not so great things:

1. LOUD at 100% fans but according to SigularityComputers (the video I posted above) the performance at 1400rpm and 2400rpm was nearly identical with 1400 rpm being silent. So if you  get this, DO set up fan profiles

Anandtech recommended this if you can't afford a H220 which I cant.. I am on the fence about the fans but the way I see it, everything else apart from the h220 has mediocre included fans in terms of temps to noise ratio, especially H100i stock fans. Atleast this is $20 cheaper than the h100i so even if I get aftermarket fans later, it turns out about the same. 

In case it isn't clear already, I've decided to go for this instead of the h100i, primarily because it gives slightly better performance at a lower price.. won't be getting it very soon though so can't report back yo you if you're in a hurry..

Corsair has excellent customer service. If something goes wrong with your H100i within the warranty you can RMA it.

Funny cause from what i hear there RMA service is horrible..I have been on Corsair's forums and there have been people waiting 3 months since they shipped there item to get there replacement...It cost us money to ship them back there broken product? lol..Just go to there forums and look at all the issues..

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=155

I think i am going to try the cooler master..As i don't feel like dealing with buggy software or broken pump led or horrible pump noise or leaking on my two gpus..lol

Thank you guys..

Funny cause from what i hear there RMA service is horrible..I have been on Corsair's forums and there have been people waiting 3 months since they shipped there item to get there replacement...It cost us money to ship them back there broken product? lol..Just go to there forums and look at all the issues..

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=155

I couldn't find the thread with the 3 month issue, however, you have to remember that the corsair forums is just a massive grouping of people complaining. Because, that is the only reason anyone would go on their forums unless someone is there to help someone with something broken.

So you get an extremely biased opinion from there. Its like going to a pub and assuming the entire population of the world drinks alcohol.

I couldn't find the thread with the 3 month issue, however, you have to remember that the corsair forums is just a massive grouping of people complaining. Because, that is the only reason anyone would go on their forums unless someone is there to help someone with something broken.

So you get an extremely biased opinion from there. Its like going to a pub and assuming the entire population of the world drinks alcohol.

I know that its a complaint site pretty much..Do you have a H100i?

I know that its a complaint site pretty much..Do you have a H100i?

No but I know how many people here have complained about it on here. :o

No but I know how many people here have complained about it on here. :o

Is there alot?I just want a good 240mm cooler thats better the my asetek 120mm..for around $100ish

Is there alot?I just want a good 240mm cooler thats better the my asetek 120mm..for around $100ish

There are more than for any other AIO unit but I have never heard anyone complain about the RMA service. But you also have to remember it was the most popular cooler till very recently when the H220 from Swiftech came out.

Have a look here to find out what owners of the H100i who haven't just had bad luck say about it: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13028-d-aio-water-cooling-experience/

There are more than for any other AIO unit but I have never heard anyone complain about the RMA service. But you also have to remember it was the most popular cooler till very recently when the H220 from Swiftech came out.

Have a look here to find out what owners of the H100i who haven't just had bad luck say about it: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13028-d-aio-water-cooling-experience/

I just found this..

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6916/cooler-master-seidon-240m-and-12-more-coolers-the-retest-and-megaroundup/9

I said above; I haven't looked into the Seidon yet.

I wasn't saying the H100i was better, I was just saying that the problems a small number of people have with them should not affect your decision.

I said above; I haven't looked into the Seidon yet.

I wasn't saying the H100i was better, I was just saying that the problems a small number of people have with them should not affect your decision.

I just shared that with you cause i found it.. :)

I just shared that with you cause i found it.. :)

Thanks in that case. :)