Playing BF4 on Intel HD 4600...

Fiddling around with a few more settings, but it seems that 1600x900 is still playable as well. It doesn't drop below 30FPS for the most part on 32 player servers. But I get some really weird variance when it comes to windowed mode, fullscreen and borderless.

Better than a 360 and the PS3. The integrated graphics of a 250$ CPU won't beat 400$ consoles that are sold at a loss, obviously.

Are they sold at a loss? While they are quite weak at launch compared to their predecessors it wouldn't surprise me if they've been break-even or even profitable since day one. That's all this console generation is, a cash in. Both consoles quite similar to each other and in turn quite similar to PCs. Cheaper to make games for each platform is a winner for the devs and not having to design shit like the Cell again is a winner for the manufacturers.

While my 290 is RMA'd I thought I'd check BF4 on the HD4600 too.

OC'd the GPU Multi to 16.5 with some extra voltage. 17.5x flat out dies, 17x dies in games, but works in stress testing.

So 1650Mhz Core it is, and with 1866Mhz DDR3 I'm getting 933Mhz Mem clocks.

1650Mhz/933mhz @ 1024x768 up to 1600x900 @ Low (Med Textures) and Post AA on Low amd providing ample FPS for playability.

Was using 1280+ resolutions but some intermittant texture swapping stuttering was annoying me when FPS was still ample @ 50fps+

Backing off to 1024x768 minimizes stutter and keeps the FPS @ an average of 45-55fps and up to 70fps, dips down to 40fps under heavy stuff.

It also doesnt look near as worse as I thought, plus this aspect ratio I'm seeing things a little wider, easier to hit bodies with :)

Not bad for IGPU OC'd. I could push higher settings if needed/wanted but I'd prefer FPS over visuals at this lowend segment.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz