Phanteks or NZXT?

aduman

Hi!

I've actually decided to get the Enthoo Luxe but NZXT caught my eye in the last second and made me doubt my decision. Is there any alternatives for the Luxe on NZXT's line of cases? I'd greatly appreciate your opinions and advices.

Thank you. :)

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Hi!

I've actually decided to get the Enthoo Luxe but NZXT caught my eye in the last second and made me doubt my decision. Is there any alternatives for the Luxe on NZXT's line of cases? I'd greatly appreciate your opinions and advices.

Thank you. :)

Which case are you comparing it to exactly? There's the phantom/source 530, h440 (ugly imo but you may like it) not sure whether the switch 810 is in your budget because I'm looking at UK prices rather the us dollars.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

There are tons of NZXT cases...... ¿

Which case are you comparing it to exactly? There's the phantom/source 530, h440 (ugly imo but you may like it) not sure whether the switch 810 is in your budget because I'm looking at UK prices rather the us dollars.

Yeah, sorry guys. They have lots of cases I know. I was comparing it to the full tower ones, not Ultra/Super tower or any mid tower cases etc.

I'll be ordering the case from amazon.com to EU. None of them are available here so they'll be shipped internationally.

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

NZXT H440 is a beast of beautifulness

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

NZXT H440 is a beast of beautifulness

It's ok but it's a mid-tower case so I'll be missing all the room Luxe offers.

Spoiler

Spoiler

ah okay.

I got a phantom 530 my self and im very pleased with it.

Allot of airflow options.280mm rads fitting in the top.

Diffrent colors.

Only the plastic cover ontop feels a bit cheap.

Also the Luxe is more expensive then the H440. Imo most of the NZXT cases are ugly besides the H440

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I like both, but Phanteks cases have a lot of features and capabilities for the price.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

ah okay.

I got a phantom 530 my self and im very pleased with it.

Allot of airflow options.280mm rads fitting in the top.

Diffrent colors.

Only the plastic cover ontop feels a bit cheap.

Yeah I've watched some vids of that case but I think Luxe has more features. :) Still a great case though!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Also the Luxe is more expensive then the H440. Imo most of the NZXT cases are ugly besides the H440

Well HardwareCanucks is my favourite case review channel and Dmitry there chose one of the Phanteks cases the full tower of the year. This means a lot to me but NZXT just caughmt my eye and though I'd ask you guys. :)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Dat Razer Edition though... :D Still I prefer the Luxe over it.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Guys this is kinda off topic but may I ask why the white version of the Luxe costs 10$ more than the black version of it?

Spoiler

Spoiler

NZXT Switch 810 or H440. All the other NZXT cases are ugly (like the phantom series) in my opinion. I still think that the Luxe is the best choice.

Case: Silverstone TJ07 CPU: i5 3570K Motherboard: Asus Z77 Sabertooth RAM: Dominator Platinum 8GB GPU: SLI GTX 970 G1 Storage256GB Samsung 840 Pro + 3TB WD Green PSU: Corsair RM850 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Cooling: Water cooling with acrylic tubes HeadphonesPhilips Fidelio X2 DAC: Schiit Modi Amp: Schiit Vali

Enthoo Pro, its not even a contest.

H440 has problems with airflow, and doesn't come with as many features, not as much room.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Guys this is kinda off topic but may I ask why the white version of the Luxe costs 10$ more than the black version of it?

Because Capitalism

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Because Capitalism

Hmm. Seriously though this is bugging me. :D

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hmm. Seriously though this is bugging me. :D

Lots of case manufacturers charge extra money for white versions of their chassis.  Its not uncommon.

Lots of case manufacturers charge extra money for white versions of their chassis.  Its not uncommon.

Ok then man. Another question though it's subjective but which colour would yo go with?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ok then man. Another question though it's subjective but which colour would yo go with?

I own a black Phanteks Enthoo Pro

The NZXT h440 is my personal favorite case no questions asked, but the phantex enthoo luxe is a great case that i am a fan of. IN the end it is all about personal preference NZXT has a lot of good stuff but the enthoo luxe is amazing in its own right.