All in one - Project - Finally Completed

Filthyfil

My current level of jealousy is way above a sustainable level.

10/10

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

Update ---

ASUS Maximus VI  and Haswell 4770K on order + Adaptec 71605 16 Port raid card + 8x 3TB WD RED on the way.

Anyone know any good drive bays (4 bays required) I can mod to my rig??? Ideally it will fit between my PSU and existing HDDs

You should have left the RED/BLACK sleeved cables. That was amazing  :o  . Sweet build anyway :D

• 2 weeks later...

Bump because it's so leet!! hahaha

No...just a quick update

Maximus VI received

4770K received

x8 WD REDs 3TB received

New Adaptec 16 Port raid card - FAILED damaged in transit......returned back to US.

OMG this is bloody EPIC!!! Quick question, with the 2600K CPU having 16 PCIe lanes, and your two GFX cards using 16lanes in 2x8 mode, with an 8x lane RAID card and a 1x lane sound card, does this affect the performance bandwidth for your GFX cards at all?

OMG this is bloody EPIC!!! Quick question, with the 2600K CPU having 16 PCIe lanes, and your two GFX cards using 16lanes in 2x8 mode, with an 8x lane RAID card and a 1x lane sound card, does this affect the performance bandwidth for your GFX cards at all?

Nah man, doesn't even sweat .....Hanging out this weekend to put in new Maximus VI mobo and 4770K CPU .....

Old Maximus IV and 2600K will be handed down to my GF :P

I know exactly how much this cost; alotofdollars.50

ELEPHANT SEALS EVERYWHERE!

I feel weird, now that the build is finished, I'm already thinking of what to do next. Any one have any suggestions of what to change?

I'm currnently saving up for Haswell and a ASUS Maximus IV board which will be a week or two away.

Also thinking of a new 16 port raid card so I can expand my media storage.

Awesome build!!!  I would suggest a 900D and order to 2 extra cages - will give you 15 cages total stock.  Then you could add more with a Optical bay adapter and stuff more in.  You could probably get away with 20+ drives in that case.  And you could fit pretty much anything in there.

How is your RAID card working out?  I'm looking at getting the same one.  Anything to avoid?

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

..... I want it ! lol, Great job with this, great specs also you will be good for a few years to come.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

*violently drools*

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Nice one

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

First, awesome awesome build. 

With that raid card can't you just put all the drives in another tower with a PSU and run a sata or sas cable to connect them to the raid card in your main rig? Or am I severely misunderstanding how SATA/SAS raid cards can work?

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Awesome build!!!  I would suggest a 900D and order to 2 extra cages - will give you 15 cages total stock.  Then you could add more with a Optical bay adapter and stuff more in.  You could probably get away with 20+ drives in that case.  And you could fit pretty much anything in there.

How is your RAID card working out?  I'm looking at getting the same one.  Anything to avoid?

Thought about the 900D, but I do have a Caselab M8 sitting in the garage which I'm thinking of switching over to. (see below pic for previous build)

Since I'm replacing the mobo/CPU this weekend. I might just do it all in one hit........but I need to order more drive cages from Caselabs to fit all 16 hard drives.

By the way, Hardware raid is the way to go.

Unfortunately the new Raid card got damaged during transit. So I can't tell you yet what I think of it.

I'm currently using an Adaptec 6805 which is only a 8 port raid card.

No real issues with my current raid card.

I have x2 arrays each with 4x3TB each in raid 5.

Write speeds from my SSD to the raid is approx 350-400MB/s using 6Gb/s drives.

Setup have not changed for the past 2 years.

Once I get the replacement card, it will be the first time migrating all the data across to x16 3TB drives

Gonna try raid 2 arrays in raid 6.

post-21119-0-47512800-1373613199.jpg

post-21119-0-91414900-1373613189.jpg

post-21119-0-94578400-1373613208.jpg

Wow. That thing looks like a beast. Thanks for the candid feedback on the raid card. Looking forward to the migration to the Caselabs unit

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Wow so many HD Drives. :blink: I like it! :D

How heavy is it?

My Build - Cpu: Intel i7 4770K @ 4.0Ghz Case: Phanteks Evolv ITX | Motherbord: ASUS Maximus VI ImpactRam: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro
Video Card: EVGA GTX 760 | Power Supply: Corsair AX760 | Monitors: Dell P2210 | Keyboard: Logitech k270 | Mouse: Logitech M185

Why 2x 780's for a single monitor?  Isn't that a bit of an overkill?

Great rig ;)

Nah man, doesn't even sweat .....Hanging out this weekend to put in new Maximus VI mobo and 4770K CPU .....

Old Maximus IV and 2600K will be handed down to my GF :P

Nice mate so epic lol! Lucky GF :P

• 2 weeks later...

Whats with Magnum PI ??? hahaah cracks me up

Hahaha, glad to see someone knows who my avatar is. Was always a fan of the show and having it as my avatar is always good for a laugh.

I FREAKING LOVE LEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! The color changing ones look great

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Im in love, this is an amazing build. Excellent work man

CPU- I7 7700K @ 4.4Ghz, RAM- 32 Gig Hyper X @ 2800 mhz , GPU - GTX 1080ti Strix 11gb , MOBO- Asrock Fatality Z270 , SSD :Kingston Hyper X SSD Fury and Samsung 500gig