Why is the Snapdragon 801 so intensely fast compared to just 2 SoC's ago

I had a HTC One M7 at first, Snapdragon 600. It was good ran fine everything Went great.

But like all things it improves.

Now I have the OnePlusOne and this thing is so blazing fast, so terribly powerful that the gap between these 2 cpu's seems extremely large. We only had the 800 in that before and it wasn't quite up to par with the 801 either. (had the Nexus 5 for a while)

How come there is such a huuuuge difference.

I had a HTC One M7 at first, Snapdragon 600. It was good ran fine everything Went great.

But like all things it improves.

Now I have the OnePlusOne and this thing is so blazing fast, so terribly powerful that the gap between these 2 cpu's seemsextremely large. We only had the 800 in that before and it wasn't quite up to par with the 801 either. (had the Nexus 5 for a while)

How come there is such a huuuuge difference.

M7 has snapdragon 800...

and the 801 is a faster clocked 800

so there is only 1 gen between the 600 and the 801

its just that CM is butter smooth

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

M7 has snapdragon 800...

and the 801 is a faster clocked 800

so there is only 1 gen between the 600 and the 801

its just that CM is butter smooth

Fair enough, though I put the GPE on my M7 at the time.

Fair enough, though I put the GPE on my M7 at the time.

optimization is a big deal with phones, and it appears OP has done a great job

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

optimization is a big deal with phones, and it appears OP has done a great job

Yeah I guess. I love this phone and everything it comes with and does. See my review in the review section.

Yeah I guess. I love this phone and everything it comes with and does. See my review in the review section.

way ahead of you

getting one soon too! :DD (also switching from a M7)

way ahead of you

getting one soon too! :DD (also switching from a M7)

Yeah let me tell you, the dfference is insane. I love the awesome battery life.

Yeah let me tell you, the dfference is insane. I love the awesome battery life.

ive never thought 'hey this phone slow'

if the screen would be still in 1 piece instead of 100 id keep it, but its just too annoying :D

ive never thought 'hey this phone slow'

if the screen would be still in 1 piece instead of 100 id keep it, but its just too annoying :D

M7 isn' t slow. 801 chip is just faster. Much.

M7 isn' t slow. 801 chip is just faster. Much.

Yeah but 800 is a noticeable improvement over 600. 

801 though isn't really that much of an improvement. It's just 100MHz faster on the CPU and 150MHz on the GPU. I can overclock my Nexus 5 to S801 speeds no problem.

"Rawr XD"

Because smartphone SoCs are advancing ridiculously fast. Every new generation is like twice as fast as the last.