R9 290X Lightning Overclocking

Go to solution Solved by winningsince1337,

Hi again.

Right now I'm trying to OC my R9 290X Lightning. and I managed to stabilize 1150 / 6000 clock with default bios and stock voltage..

The thing is, in default bios the card is using not all of its VRM phases. It feels like my card is not unleashing its full capacity.

So I'm wondering that if I switch to LN2, (I heard that LN2 bios unlocks all VRMs)

can I squeeze a little more clocks off of it or at least reduce the load of each VRM phases? (I'm expecting that it can work with kinda cooler temps due to low load)

Yup, switch to LN2 bios and give it a whirl.

Hi again.

Right now I'm trying to OC my R9 290X Lightning. and I managed to stabilize 1150 / 6000 clock with default bios and stock voltage..

The thing is, in default bios the card is using not all of its VRM phases. It feels like my card is not unleashing its full capacity.

So I'm wondering that if I switch to LN2, (I heard that LN2 bios unlocks all VRMs)

can I squeeze a little more clocks off of it or at least reduce the load of each VRM phases? (I'm expecting that it can work with kinda cooler temps due to low load)

@Lays might be able to help.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Hi again.

Yup, switch to LN2 bios and give it a whirl.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky