Need new headphone(s) and a mic 600 CAD max

Yasukes
Go to solution Solved by IBIubbleTea,

I am pretty set for the mod-mic 4.0

The DT 770s looks great but dosen't look very portable at 250omhs but those could definitely do for my desktop headphones

A900x would do well for portable ? Dosen't look as hard to drive. And i would be open to try/consider open headphones if they are that much better

The A900x are 42 ohms and the DT770 has different versions, 32, 80, 250 ohms. if you get the DT770 32 ohms, your phone or what not could drive them better than the A900x, i.e louder. Both should be fine for home use unless you have a really old computer.

Hi guys i'm looking for possibly 2 new headphones, one on the Go and one for my desktop or one that could do both would be fine too. I currently have beats pro for for when i go out and Siberia elites for the desktop and im not really satisfied with any of those and thats without saying that right ear cup of the beat stopped working... so now i want start anew.

On the destop i game quite a bit (mmorpg) but i do also listen to music (dub/DnB/electronic) and i want BASS clear and without compromising on other stuff.

The siberia sounded muffled and the beat .. was just a huge disappointment.... nuf said closed headphone would be cool but i would like to have more open headphones if possible otherwise i can't hear outside noise and the wife doesn't like, that not sure if i want a dac/amp with it

For going out i would like the same thing so bass but with nice and loud crystal clear sound but on a closed headphones

I tend to stream quite alot and use voip and quality is important to me.

So far was looking at AT m40x/m50x for headphones and AT 2020 for the mic

I would have 550~600 CAD to spend total

Leave me your thoughts please and thanks :)

Are you looking for a pro mic?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Are you looking for a pro mic?

Define "Pro mic" i mean i'm not going to do studio stuff but i want best quality without breaking the bank

grab a decent soundcard (80-150) along with something from sennheiser or beyerdynamics (200-300) i have a set of pc 360s which are open back i cant go back to closed back headphones now

Define "Pro mic" i mean i'm not going to do studio stuff but i want best quality without breaking the bank

Straight up Modmic 4.0 then. It's $43 if you take it without the inline mute and sounds great. Can be put on your headphones as if it were a part of them already/

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Would a sound card would be better than a dac ? I'm not that knowledgeable in the audio world :( i know how i want it to sound like but don't know what kind of hardware it takes and i'm tired of buying stuff that just disappointed me...

Straight up Modmic 4.0 then. It's $43 if you take it without the inline mute and sounds great. Can be put on your headphones as if it were a part of them already/

Oh yeah i heard of those and i remember a sound check from tek syndicate i would be ok with those for a mic

i mean one that doesnt connect to a headset

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

i mean one that doesnt connect to a headset

"Pro mic" Is not the correct terminology, I would start to use Studio Mics, or Condensers for example. 

"Pro mic" Is not the correct terminology, I would start to use Studio Mics, or Condensers for example. 

fair enough

I really suggest you read the audio FAQ at the top of the page before buying anything.

If you want something closed pick up DT 770's or Audio Technica A900x.

For a mic just get a mod-mic.

There are much better headphones but they're all open.

NAD Viso HP50 is a good closed headphone that is comfy enough for home use but still portable. Kinda boggles my mind how they're a Canadian company but the headphones are unavailable on Amazon.ca and NCIX though....

Ok after spending some time on the FAQ i have a better understanding on how it works and realise that i might want a dac/amp aswell ... now if i buy a fairly high impedance headphone will it be ok to use em w/o the dac/amp ? Like mp3 play or a smarthphone from the FAQ it days it might have distorted sound ....

I really suggest you read the audio FAQ at the top of the page before buying anything.

If you want something closed pick up DT 770's or Audio Technica A900x.

For a mic just get a mod-mic.

There are much better headphones but they're all open.

The DT 770s looks great but dosen't look very portable at 250omhs but those could definitely do for my desktop headphones

A900x would do well for portable ? Dosen't look as hard to drive. And i would be open to try/consider open headphones if they are that much better

NAD Viso HP50 is a good closed headphone that is comfy enough for home use but still portable. Kinda boggles my mind how they're a Canadian company but the headphones are unavailable on Amazon.ca and NCIX though....

Read up on those and apparently they sound amazing and would be good for portable but from the reviews i've seen there seem to be confort issues especially with the band :( i am probably going to wear them at least 3-4 hrs a day outside of the house i don't want them to feel uncomfortable :(

The A900x are 42 ohms and the DT770 has different versions, 32, 80, 250 ohms. if you get the DT770 32 ohms, your phone or what not could drive them better than the A900x, i.e louder. Both should be fine for home use unless you have a really old computer.

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

Read up on those and apparently they sound amazing and would be good for portable but from the reviews i've seen there seem to be confort issues especially with the band :( i am probably going to wear them at least 3-4 hrs a day outside of the house i don't want them to feel uncomfortable :(

@Foxxer, what you think of their comfort so far?

Oh alright sound good :) you think they gonna be fine for desktop usage too ? Or should i get a different pair with a dac/amp ? Gonna use em with an upcoming haswell-e pc once it comes out

Oh alright sound good :) you think they gonna be fine for desktop usage too ? Or should i get a different pair with a dac/amp ? Gonna use em with an upcoming haswell-e pc once it comes out

Most motherboards nowadays have a pretty good amp built in. You should be fine without a amp if you get the AD900x or the DT770 32 ohms.

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

Okay looks like ill be getting the DT 770s with a mod mic worst case senario ill get a 2nd more powerful pair for desktop thanks for the help guys :)

@Foxxer, what you think of their comfort so far?

You can forget that your wearing one to be honest. The way the foam sits is just a dream. I went more than 6 hours straight, didn't really notice any discomfort or anything. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)