Titanfall worth $23 on pc?

Lethalviperr

Hey all,

So I saw Titanfall on sale on origin and wondering what do people think of it? Is it a good game on pc and do people still play it?

Cheers,

It's good for while, but starts to get boring very quickly after that.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H RAM: 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti SC w/ ACX SSD: Samsung 820 128gb HDD: Seagate 1TB PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme 800w Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout

Hey all,

So I saw Titanfall on sale on origin and wondering what do people think of it? Is it a good game on pc and do people still play it?

Cheers,

Well it's 50+gbs to install. I just tried to download it again for the free 3 day thing and all I got was a black screen, considering the beta worked perfectly fine there's no reason for this and no solution. After having played the beta and have the previous into consideration, I would give a big NO to getting the game. I played for 10 hours and it was just nothing special, seems alright, but is very mediocre. Spend your money somewhere else and save your precious storage space for something better.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Uncompressed audio ruins it for me.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Well it's 50+gbs to install. I just tried to download it again for the free 3 day thing and all I got was a black screen, considering the beta worked perfectly fine there's no reason for this and no solution. After having played the beta and have the previous into consideration, I would give a big NO to getting the game. I played for 10 hours and it was just nothing special, seems alright, but is very mediocre. Spend your money somewhere else and save your precious storage space for something better.

I had the same problem, it was fixed by closing msi afterburner and disabling the in game interface.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

No, the game is crap.  Its a one trick pony. And the one trick isn't that great.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Wait for a lower price...maybe black Friday sale will be good for this one.

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

I had the same problem, it was fixed by closing msi afterburner and disabling the in game interface.

I completely forgot about the problems afterburner can cause with some games. I couldn't find anything related to afterburner causing the issue, but I have had that problem with other games in the past. Oh well, it's too late now. I was just curious to see how the game played compared to the beta. I would have less than 20 hours left to play now AND I would have to redownload the 50gb, then reinstall. Not worth the time lol

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

There's a reason why it's $23 only 4 months after release.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

I completely forgot about the problems afterburner can cause with some games. I couldn't find anything related to afterburner causing the issue, but I have had that problem with other games in the past. Oh well, it's too late now. I was just curious to see how the game played compared to the beta. I would have less than 20 hours left to play now AND I would have to redownload the 50gb, then reinstall. Not worth the time lol

I actually played the game for the first time this weekend, I thought it was quite fun. However in your position I would agree it would be quite a hassle to download the game just to play it for such a short period of time.

I still really don't get how MSI Afterburner could cause this problem to occur though, never had this happen to me with any other games. Regardless, I'm still on the fence on buying this game.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

I actually played the game for the first time this weekend, I thought it was quite fun. However in your position I would agree it would be quite a hassle to download the game just to play it for such a short period of time.

I still really don't get how MSI Afterburner could cause this problem to occur though, never had this happen to me with any other games. Regardless, I'm still on the fence on buying this game.

The reason is cheating. A lot of new games has built in cheat detection software, msi afterburners in game junk gets registered as hacking software in some games and causes issues. Titanfall isn't the first game thats been rendered unplayable just because of it. I've had about 3 other games, but it's been so long since I've played them I forgot it was even as issue.I spent 2 hours searching the web to find a solution and finally said this isn't worth it. When the beta works better initially than the full release something is wrong. It's not a big deal to me, I didn't enjoy the beta. I just wanted to see if it got any better. There was a very low chance of me buying the game, like I said. It looks decent at first, but after playing it for a couple hours it's just the same old stuff we have seen over and over with a different skin, couple new mechanics that don't really feel anything special. But anyways to each his own. :)

Just uninstall Rivatuner Statistics Server and keep Afterbuner. I had this problem with BF4.

About the game: See if you can access the Mexico Origin Store, is at 12USD there. And so far I liked it, there are very skillfull dudes in PC, the parkour suff makes it more fast paced and the Titans don't ruin the game because they can be destroyed very easily.

If you liked it and have friends to play with, buy it, but see if you can buy it for less money.

It gets so repetitive, even if it's free it isn't worth the 50GB of space it takes up.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

If you were to play Titanfall, i'd suggest getting it on the console, it gets boring after awhile and on PC it won't be as fun.

Thanks for all the responses yea I don't think I'll get it since in australia 50gb download will takes ages...

Funny thing, I said it was gonna get old fast and not worth the money before it came out and I got massively attacked for it on here.

MP + Bots just don't mix very well for a game to have any lasting power.

Red Orchestra is another one, it would have a much bigger player count but the servers flooded with bots just kills it.