Replacing 200mm fans in H630. Recommendations?

Curiously Flamboyant Sheep
Go to solution Solved by nishank93,

I've found Spectre Pros to be good fans at smaller sizes (120/140mm), but they're unexceptional at 200mm. CM MegaFlow I can recommend at 200mm without hesitation.

I have the FN series 200mm fans on the top of my H630 and the standard 200mm in the front. They vibrate and are freaking loud.

Suggestions for replacement 200mm fans?

CM Megaflow?

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

CM Megaflow?

Ah, I looked at these before. The air pressure seems low... do all 200mm fans have such low pressure?

Ah, I looked at these before. The air pressure seems low... do all 200mm fans have such low pressure?

Yes, because the fan spins at a low rpm.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

You'd get plenty of airflow and silence out of 200mm fans. If you're worried about static pressure, try to get rid of any HDD cages that may be blocking the front, and you're good to go.

Also, have you tried tightening the fan to the case to see if it gets rid of the vibrating issue?

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

Bitfenix Spectre. Thought you have to check measurements carefully. Pro ones are wider than normals.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You'd get plenty of airflow and silence out of 200mm fans. If you're worried about static pressure, try to get rid of any HDD cages that may be blocking the front, and you're good to go.

Also, have you tried tightening the fan to the case to see if it gets rid of the vibrating issue?

I'll try tightening it. It only vibrates when I turn on my computer, oddly enough. After a minute or two it stops vibrating to a larger degree.

Bitfenix Spectre. Thought you have to check measurements carefully. Pro ones are wider than normals.

I haven't heard good things from this forum about Bifenix Spectres. They aren't worth the money or something?

I haven't heard good things from this forum about Bifenix Spectres. They aren't worth the money or something?

Linus just said on WAN show few weeks back that they give too little credit on Spectre fans. I have one Spectre Pro fan (140mm) and had 200mm Pro for awhile (didn't fit). I can say that I was happy with them. There are better airflow fans but Spectres are nice compromise between airflow and static pressure.

The reason why they aren't normally ones people suggest are because Noctuas are better in general and Corsair, CM, BeQuiet! and such are on same price range but better known. Or have better color options, more targeted audience etc.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Linus just said on WAN show few weeks back that they give too little credit on Spectre fans. I have one Spectre Pro fan (140mm) and had 200mm Pro for awhile (didn't fit). I can say that I was happy with them. There are better airflow fans but Spectres are nice compromise between airflow and static pressure.

The reason why they aren't normally ones people suggest are because Noctuas are better in general and Corsair, CM, BeQuiet! and such are on same price range but better known. Or have better color options, more targeted audience etc.

My 120mm pro was reallly loud

Compared to my aerocool Ds

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Ahh, I see. The specs on the 20mm Spectre fans are much better than the CM MegaFlow. Might just go for those BitFenix fans. Noctua doesn't make 200mm fans as far as I can tell and neither do BeQuiet. I guess I'm pretty limited in choice in 200mm fans.

Ahh, I see. The specs on the 20mm Spectre fans are much better than the CM MegaFlow. Might just go for those BitFenix fans. Noctua doesn't make 200mm fans as far as I can tell and neither do BeQuiet. I guess I'm pretty limited in choice in 200mm fans.

Read some reviews first. There are a lot of cases where the listed specs don't represent real performance, and some fans with lower specs might undervolt better than competing fans with better specs.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

I've found Spectre Pros to be good fans at smaller sizes (120/140mm), but they're unexceptional at 200mm. CM MegaFlow I can recommend at 200mm without hesitation.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Read some reviews first. There are a lot of cases where the listed specs don't represent real performance, and some fans with lower specs might undervolt better than competing fans with better specs.

Ah, you're right. The CM MegaFlow is much better at non-100% performance.