Speccy by Piriform

VMaxMuffin

Hi guys,

I discovered this little app recently called Speccy. It's a nice looking app for checking out your system's statistics and things like temperatures on your CPU, GPU, Motherboard etc. It's not necessarily 'useful' but I got it to check out some temps on a computer after changing the heatsink and I was slightly worried I'd stuffed with the thermal paste - about an hour after applying I realised the logo on the heatsink was upside down, which looked silly, so I turned it around and bolted it back down and there didn't seem to be any issues as temps were completely fine.

Could also be useful if you're trying to show off the specs of your ballin' system to your friends, or if you're looking for some specific details on a part in their system and they don't know what it is (yes you can find part numbers in other ways but this just makes it easy).

P.S. I did a search and this has been mentioned in some other threads but it's yet to have a thread of it's own as far as I can work out...

hwinfo ftw.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Oh well, I just use the in-built one 

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

It's alright, but there are much better ones out there. :)

True, but ones I've come across in the past don't generally look as nice. Superficial but it can matter :P

Its better to check some system hardware. For temps and ie. CPU clocks and volts I use different software. CPU-Z, RealTemp and OpenHardwareMonitor.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv