Tech talk

GfYGrizzly

Hey,

After endless hours of searching (well might have been some minutes..)

I've decided that i want to have a thread for bored ppl like me. (So sorry if it allready exists.. -_-)

However. Techtalk.

Some Tech and we talk about it. I'm not bored noooo..

Im just going to start it.. :

Razer :

Do you own Razer products? What do you think about them?

Personally i own the Razer Black Widow Ultimate/Razer Mamba and the Goliathus mousepad..

Feel free to post anything you want to.!

mfG

-Artezy

I'm waiting for the K70 RGB MX Blue switches keyboard to come out so that i can buy one and replace my membrane keyboard.

Welcome to the forums lad! And to contribute to the thread, I do in fact own a Razer Black Widow. The build quality is okay, In terms of me not having any problems with the keyboard thus far.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

I'll propably won't go with Razer the next time.. Because i've had so many problems with Razer Synapse.. Really gets annoying.. :/

i was actually considering a razer mouse i think it was the hex, then i heard sooo much about how the rubber grips/pads wear out so quickly i went with corsair 

The quality is really good. My mouse looks like a new one but Synapse messes up almost everytime i boot my pc..

I would never buy razer keyboards.I just don't like them.I like coolermaster ones.

I was interested about the deathadder though for fps gaming but so many ppl had problems with it as far as build quality goes.Might go with logitech on this one when my current one dies.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

I have a Razer Naga Epic gaming mouse that was given to me for Christmas last year. I wouldn't normally spend that much on a mouse, even for gaming, but I do really like it a lot. Adjustable DPI on the fly, custom LED colours and brightness, good build quality and great performance. Can be wireless or corded, which is really handy.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

How about the R.A.T.7 And that overly expensive keyboard from Mad Catz can't remember the name sorry.. With the screen and modular numpad and all that stuff o.ô

Hey,

After endless hours of searching (well might have been some minutes..)

I've decided that i want to have a thread for bored ppl like me. (So sorry if it allready exists.. -_-)

However. Techtalk.

Some Tech and we talk about it. I'm not bored noooo..

Im just going to start it.. :

Razer :

Do you own Razer products? What do you think about them?

Personally i own the Razer Black Widow Ultimate/Razer Mamba and the Goliathus mousepad..

Feel free to post anything you want to.!

mfG

-Artezy

Razer Products: 

anigif_enhanced-buzz-14936-1377895224-37

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

Heeeyy come on :D They aren't that bad.! o:

Debatable ;)

Also,use the quote button when you want to reply to someone and follow the threads you started :)

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

@GfYGrizzly

Welcome to the forums...

On Razer: I don't think it's worth the to buy from them... Other than Razer, I haven't seen anything more common than them on the local market... I need to do some digging and then compare prices before I actually decide...

From experiencing the Blackwidow and Naga, I think that they're good peripherals, but they're not exactly my style...

I like to be hipster and avoid razer products, they are a little too expensive for my taste. For keyboard, I have a Ducky DK9008 G2Pro, cooler master xornet for mice, and sennheisers cx 301 for ear buds.

Buying computers off home shopping networks?

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Buying computers off home shopping networks?

Like TV-shopping???

Hell no...

Like TV-shopping???

Hell no...

Yes buying computers of the TV, I'd like to hear a rant...

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Yes buying computers of the TV, I'd like to hear a rant...

Do they even sell those in the first place?

Also, I can assemble my own PC and I usually know more about a certain part that I'm interested in than the salesperson in the shop, so I don't even bother...

Everytime I go raid Gilmore (that one area in my country with 50+ shops packed together in an area less than 5sq. km.) I head straight to my trusted shops and ask for the specific part, an equivalent, a part one tier above, and a part one tier below what I'm asking for... Usually, they have no idea how to handle my request since I'm specific down to the model number when I ask for the part... The best thing that happened to me was when I was looking for a 260X and the first shop that I enetered had the exact part that I was looking for and I got a 10% discount...

Do they even sell those in the first place?

Also, I can assemble my own PC and I usually know more about a certain part that I'm interested in than the salesperson in the shop, so I don't even bother...

Everytime I go raid Gilmore (that one area in my country with 50+ shops packed together in an area less than 5sq. km.) I head straight to my trusted shops and ask for the specific part, an equivalent, a part one tier above, and a part one tier below what I'm asking for... Usually, they have no idea how to handle my request since I'm specific down to the model number when I ask for the part... The best thing that happened to me was when I was looking for a 260X and the first shop that I enetered had the exact part that I was looking for and I got a 10% discount...

First off, yes they do, second off on TV they don't sell gaming PCs (I've seen one on HSN's site) but on TV they sell average Joe's kinda stuff like laptops, streaming boxes, tablets (big names and no names), phones, and all in ones BUT NO TOWERS, GOD FORBID THEY TOUCH THEM unless they are comparing to AIOs. Usually they are underpowered, I can find the same thing for cheaper usually, the hosts make mistakes while selling them ("it has a I core 3"), they're outdated, AND GOOD LORD THEY MAKE UP THE RETAIL VALUE. CRAPPY LAPTOPS DO NOT COST 1000 DOLLARS!!

First off, yes they do, second off on TV they don't sell gaming PCs (I've seen one on HSN's site) but on TV they sell average Joe's kinda stuff like laptops, streaming boxes, tablets (big names and no names), phones, and all in ones BUT NO TOWERS, GOD FORBID THEY TOUCH THEM unless they are comparing to AIOs. Usually they are underpowered, I can find the same thing for cheaper usually, the hosts make mistakes while selling them ("it has a I core 3"), they're outdated, AND GOOD LORD THEY MAKE UP THE RETAIL VALUE. CRAPPY LAPTOPS DO NOT COST 1000 DOLLARS!!

Haven't seen any PCs on the local HSN though...

What I do see way too often are prebuilts and near-swindling refurbs... Imagine a PC (2 generations behind, peripherals included) including (pirated or not) software selling for 100USD converted... It can do light stuff alright but they usually break down within a year or two...

Haven't seen any PCs on the local HSN though...

What I do see way too often are prebuilts and near-swindling refurbs... Imagine a PC (2 generations behind, peripherals included) including (pirated or not) software selling for 100USD converted... It can do light stuff alright but they usually break down within a year or two...

Ohh do I have a PC for you my friend: http://m.hsn.com/m/Product/7553000

Ohh do I have a PC for you my friend: http://m.hsn.com/m/Product/7553000

HP Envy.... Why am I not surprised?

And all those bloatware/PUPs...

I was thinking more along the lines of HP 110-210...

HP Envy.... Why am I not surprised?

And all those bloatware/PUPs...

I was thinking more along the lines of HP 110-210...

Somehow it got good reviews! And at one point it sold out! How much is that one?

Somehow it got good reviews! And at one point it sold out!

It's not a good PC for my needs though... Besides, if I were really to cheap out on stuff, I might go grab that 100USD refurb set and tinker with it enough so that it'll last for 7 years...

The only razer products I own are the Razer Electra, and to be honest I hate them, I loathe them, I detest their every existence. The sound like 2005 cellphone speakers covered by a brick wall. They are terribly flimsy, and the leather ear cups get painfully hot after just 20 minutes of use.

But I got them for £5 (8 dollars) in a used technology shop, these very unopened and cheap so I bought them.