Switch iOS to android. What do I need to know?

Blame Google/Android. Paranoid kept the code for the tablet UI in a hacky method back in 3.xx builds. It was removed at some point in 4.2.x by Google. They hacked it back in. Now they're all about clean and good code, with excellent quality features. CyanogenMod is too messy for me. ;)

cyanogen is basically what paranoid android is right now so.(with a slew of a lot better features may I add)

cyanogen is basically what paranoid android is right now so.(with a slew of a lot better features may I add)

Shitton more messy, if you ask me. Features almost no one will use, all that.

Shitton more messy, if you ask me. Features almost no one will use, all that.

odd considering I use most of the features provided in CM11S and on CarbonROM, a ROM with a ton more features, I use a lot of those features as well.

odd considering I use most of the features provided in CM11S and on CarbonROM, a ROM with a ton more features, I use a lot of those features as well.

Well I guess, to each their own. I couldn't figure out practical uses for half, if not more, of the stuff in Cyano.

Get a task killer app such as Advanced Task Manager because apps will be running in the background and be hogging ram.

Poor advice. Android 4+ has good memory management and task managers can actually decrease performance. They were great in the Gingerbread era but they're no longer required.

Eh, they have a bunch of cool things like the new recents panel, Peek, etc. I'll be using PA when my One eventually arrives...

Eh, they have a bunch of cool things like the new recents panel, Peek, etc. I'll be using PA when my One eventually arrives...

1. You can get peak on all devices (rooted or not) with this , that and I don't find it exactly an "innovative" feature that I must have.

2. recents re-design is pointless. The only useful recents that have been redone that I've seen are the Slim recents.

All the good apps are better on Android, but simultaneously; all the bad apps are even worse.

Also, you can do so much more on Android than you can do on rooted iOS.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

There's not too much to know other than that you have access to a lot more stuff on android. I'm sure you'll work it out pretty quickly. Here's an info-graphic to get you started on making it look the way you want. Warning, it does have offensive language, because it's from /g/. http://i.imgur.com/sK2vquv.png