I can't get rid of snapdo from my Google browser.

DeViLzzz

I can't get rid of snapdo from my Google browser.  I need something that gets at the registry cuz I know when I used CCleaner it found it there but despite it saying it got rid of it well it came back. I don't want something that is fully functional with a trial which is what CCleaner was doing.  I want something that works and is totally free.  Help greatly appreciated.  This snapdo thing installed itself despite me saying no to all offers when installing another program.  I always check that stuff.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

i like wise care 365, all around pc tool free too.

You should take a look at Malware Bytes and Spybot Search and Destroy. I find these often solve problems that other AVs miss.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

ccleaner

I used the AVG pc tuneup trial in the past and it removed a shit ton more stuff than ccleaner, but i'm not sure why, lol

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

CCleaner is free to use at first but is not a permanent solution as I won't pay for it.  Now while I thought it solved the problem it did not.  Also when I just rebooted the problem I was having with my browsers being hijacked came back.  At least it is happening to Google and what happens is search.snapdo.com takes over and no matter what I try I can't get rid of it.

You should take a look at Malware Bytes and Spybot Search and Destroy. I find these often solve problems that other AVs miss.

So far Malware Bytes was useless and I will try the other you recommended.  I used Spybot Search and Destroy long ago and it seemed to work well.

CCleaner is free to use at first but is not a permanent solution as I won't pay for it.  Now while I thought it solved the problem it did not.  Also when I just rebooted the problem I was having with my browsers being hijacked came back.  At least it is happening to Google and what happens is search.snapdo.com takes over and no matter what I try I can't get rid of it.

If your browser was hijacked, you go to uninstall or change a program and search for programs you think might be related to snapdo. Then restart your browser.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

If your browser was hijacked, you go to uninstall or change a program and search for programs you think might be related to snapdo. Then restart your browser.

I did that even in safe mode and it didn't work.  I knew exactly what extras it installed and removed all and it didn't solve the problem. With CCleaner it supposedly found the files in the registry and allowed me to delete them but they only came back.  I really wonder if they did only because I was using the free program and not their paid for software. 

Spybot Search and Destroy didn't work either.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

FizzyFantom I will try what you mentioned but this is just ridiculous.  I think I will end up doing what I always do and that will be a reformat or I will just continue to use IE which for some reason stop being bothered by the virus or whatever it is.

*sigh*

Dont go click crazy, and read what you install.
Have fun with the 3-48 hour virus removal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw5nvzDwcDo

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

what I do is run malwarebytes full scan then reboot the computer in safemode without networking, next open chrome, change everything from snapdo to whatever you want it to be, close then open chrome if it works, then reboot the computer.

This is why it pays to actually pay for legit protection programs. Have you tried to load a restore point yet? I don't see it mentioned in any of your comments.

It boggles my mind as to why so many people will spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on a computer, but flat out refuse to pay for legit AV/AS programs to protect it. Combine that with not paying attention to what they click on or install, and/or visiting questionable websites. This is not a direct knock against any specific person, just a general observation. Its like buying a brand new car, than refusing to pay for insurance and driving the car like a maniac looking for an accident.

The whole "everything should be free unless its something I really, really, want" mentality gets worse and worse with each passing day. People won't pay for protection programs, cable subscriptions, movie tickets or DvDs, video games, any software of any kind, and a million other things. People just except other people to develop and create things at their own expense and then give them away for free or at such low prices that it can never be sustainable. The people who create and maintain things like open source programs do so because they are making money some other way and rely on the donations of users. So while thousands or millions of people will take the product for free, the cost is still being covered by someone else. Nothing is truly free.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

This is why it pays to actually pay for legit protection programs. Have you tried to load a restore point yet? I don't see it mentioned in any of your comments.

It boggles my mind as to why so many people will spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on a computer, but flat out refuse to pay for legit AV/AS programs to protect it. Combine that with not paying attention to what they click on or install, and/or visiting questionable websites. This is not a direct knock against any specific person, just a general observation. Its like buying a brand new car, than refusing to pay for insurance and driving the car like a maniac looking for an accident.

The whole "everything should be free unless its something I really, really, want" mentality gets worse and worse with each passing day. People won't pay for protection programs, cable subscriptions, movie tickets or DvDs, video games, any software of any kind, and a million other things. People just except other people to develop and create things at their own expense and then give them away for free or at such low prices that it can never be sustainable. The people who create and maintain things like open source programs do so because they are making money some other way and rely on the donations of users. So while thousands or millions of people will take the product for free, the cost is still being covered by someone else. Nothing is truly free.

MSE is the perfect life scanner.

The only other scanner you need is common sense. 

You do not need to pay for AV, you simply need not to be an idiot. 

I spent lots of money on my setup, but not once have i ever paid for anti virus and not once have i installed anything stupid and i'm fine. 

This is why companies like the one i work at exist. So people like OP can click like a maniac and we can charge him 141.75 to clean out his computer.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

The only other scanner you need is common fucking sense. 

I spent lots of money on my setup, but not once have i ever paid for anti virus and not once have i installed anything stupid and i'm fine. 

This is why companies like the one i work at exist. So people like OP can click like a maniac and we can charge him 141.75 to clean out his computer.

Being smart/careful only gets you so far. Yes its the most important thing for you to do, but paying for a real AV/AS program protects your system for the things that are outside of your control. Legit websites get hacked, and infect visitors with viruses and malware. No amount of common sense will protect you from a threat that you don't no exists from a trusted source. Which is exactly how things like insurance work. Health insurance, car insurance, its all there to protect you for when things happen that you have no control over or to protect you if you make a mistake.

You never getting infected is nothing more than a product of luck. You're not perfect, no one is. Statistics dictate that if you spend enough time using your computer to access the internet, you will eventually end up with a virus or malware on your system. Also, what horrible company do you work for that charges $141.75 to reformat a HDD and reinstall Windows???

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

Being smart/careful only gets you so far. Yes its the most important thing for you to do, but paying for a real AV/AS program protects your system for the things that are outside of your control. Legit websites get hacked, and infect visitors with viruses and malware. No amount of common sense will protect you from a threat that you don't no exists from a trusted source. Which is exactly how things like insurance work. Health insurance, car insurance, its all there to protect you for when things happen that you have no control over or to protect you if you make a mistake.

You never getting infected is nothing more than a product of luck. You're not perfect, no one is. Statistics dictate that if you spend enough time using your computer to access the internet, you will eventually end up with a virus or malware on your system. Also, what horrible company do you work for that charges $141.75 to reformat a HDD and reinstall Windows???

Being smart and careful gets you everywhere.  I used to get viruses all the time, and then i smartened up.

IMHO Paid AV's are worse than MSE.  And when things happen that are "Out of my control" i know how to deal with it.

And the 141.75 is not for a format and re install, it is to go though a 3 to 48 hour process of scanning, removing, testing, cleaning up, and dusting out. 

If you want a wipe and reload that is 200. But not just because we throw an os on it and get drivers and send it out as is, we set it up so anyone and their grandma can use it.

Essential run times, and programs, every update, power/system settings, security audit, hardware audit, cleaning out, and pretty much everything the advanced user goes through with a new pc, and then some.

Its not just a generic wipe and reload, we put work into it. If you want data transferred from an old machine we can do that free of charge. 

We pride ourselves in quality work. 

If you wanted that kind of work done at something like future shop or sneakers, or whathaveyou, it would cost hundreds of dollars. That is if they even say yes to doing it. And you can be assured it isnt done with the level of detail and care we have.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

MSE is not free.....you pay for it when you pay for the OS. They have made improvements to it in the last couple of years, I'll give you that, but its still not technically a free program. You can use it without paying for Windows.

MSE is not free.....you pay for it when you pay for the OS. They have made improvements to it in the last couple of years, I'll give you that, but its still not technically a free program. You can use it without paying for Windows.

Buying Windows does not count towards the AV.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

*sigh*

Dont go click crazy, and read what you install.

Have fun with the 3-48 hour virus removal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw5nvzDwcDo

I always unclick stuff.  When I installed the software I wanted it gave me the option to say no to three things and I did.  It still installed the stuff. 

Eh could not quote posts with an older IE browser and with no way to remove this post it will stay.

The only other scanner you need is common fucking sense. 

You know what TDP_Equinox you swear in your post and call people idiots and you didn't even read what I posted or you just can't read.  I downloaded a program that has always been legit but this time it had other programs you could supposedly say no to installing and I did say no and yet it installed them anyway.  Get it?  I do not click like a maniac and I sure as heck would not pay someone $141.75 to fix this problem.  I do my own work.  I would love to call you a few choice words and would love to report you for what you posted but I want the post to stay up to show just how stupid you are.  You again obviously can't read and didn't read much of what I posted previously.

99.9% of the time the average person who is downloading legit programs does not need paid protection programs.   Also in regards to your later comments all my games are bought.  No warez.  I also have to say if companies offer free programs I expect them to work or don't bother offering free anything.  I would rather nothing than something free that then spreads itself like a virus all over your pc and won't go away.  How can you defend this sort of thing?  Heck if they had a little mini window in their software that played ads every so often for me to use the software fine but don't hijack my browser!

I didn't bother reading through everything... but judging by the last post, and no "solved" mark, I'm asusming things got off-topic and no solution has been said.

I've yet to deal with Snapdo, but having removed similar malware for customers, try the following:

Check browser add-ons
Check search engines
Check homepage settings
Check Programs and Features list

Remove/uninstall it from everywhere it shows up, with your network connection, and Windows Updates turned OFF.

Then, do a reboot, and load the browsers to see if it's still gone (via the above). If nothing shows, turn Windows Updates back on, then your net connection, and try to load something in a browser and see if it pops up. If it does, then you have to go through the fun task of finding it in the registry, and removing it (back up your registry before this obviously), either manually, or via software like CCleaner. Again, keep Windows Updates, and your net connection off during this. Reboot, and re-test to see if it's gone.

In like every instance I've dealt with this sort of malware, that tend to obliterate it with a 1% failure rate (due to a customer having an encryption ransomware I could not get past).

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section