Best Headset for under £45 GBP ($75 USD)

MrFodds

Hey guys, my headset recently died and I'm looking for a new one. If you have any suggestions for a headset with good audio quality (mic and speakers) that preferably runs through USB only (but not a necessity) I'd love to know them. I've been thinking of getting one of the Corsair Vengeance headsets, but any recommendations would be hugely welcome!

Thanks in advance, 

-Mr Fodds

Welcome to the forum! :)

Corsair Vengeance 1400 and HyperX Cloud are great choices, but they're slightly over your budget (Vengeance 1400 - 79.99$ on Corsair's website, HyperX Cloud - 89.99$ on Newegg) and unfortunately, they're both analog, or, they have 3.5mm cables, instead of USB cables. That being said, virtual surround, which is what you get with USB digital headsets, isn't really that great some people, personally I like it more than normal analog headsets now, but it's really a personal choice.

If you can find them, take a look at the Corsair Vengeance 1500v2. I have it, and I have to say that the sound quality is great, it has Dolby virtual surround (digital headset - USB cable), great microphone quality, nice software and they're pretty comfortable.

Edit: I found Corsair Vengeance 1500v2 on Amazon for 70$ :Dhttp://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Dolby-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00EXPNFQO

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Corsair Vengeance 1400 and HyperX Cloud are great choices, but they're slightly over your budget (Vengeance 1400 - 79.99$ on Corsair's website, HyperX Cloud - 89.99$ on Newegg) and unfortunately, they're both analog, or, they have 3.5mm cables, instead of USB cables. That being said, virtual surround, which is what you get with USB digital headsets, isn't really that great some people, personally I like it more than normal analog headsets now, but it's really a personal choice.

If you can find them, take a look at the Corsair Vengeance 1500v2. I have it, and I have to say that the sound quality is great, it has Dolby virtual surround (digital headset - USB cable), great microphone quality, nice software and they're pretty comfortable.

Edit: I found Corsair Vengeance 1500v2 on Amazon for 70$ :Dhttp://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Dolby-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00EXPNFQO

Just looked at the prices for us Brits, and its £75 ($120 according to Google) for the HyperX, so either it's more expensive in the UK, which would suck,or price conversion is off wack.

With that budget I would recommend getting Superlux headphones (668b or 681 evo) and attaching a Zalman ZM-MIC1 mic to them. 

Just looked at the prices for us Brits, and its £75 ($120 according to Google) for the HyperX, so either it's more expensive in the UK, which would suck,or price conversion is off wack.

Well, I think that it's just more expensive in the UK, unfortunately...

I think you should save some more money and buy the HyperX Cloud.. It gets great reviews everywhere, and it just looks like a great gaming headset.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Do you have the Vengeance 1500v2s then? As some of the reviews say that the speakers buzz when the mic's in use. Do you have this issue?

Thanks in advance

Do you have the Vengeance 1500v2s then? As some of the reviews say that the speakers buzz when the mic's in use. Do you have this issue?

Thanks in advance

Not when I use the mic necessarily, but yes, rarely, I do hear some buzz noises. It's just a minor problem, at least for me. Usually, when I'm in a game or listening to music, I can't hear it anymore.