Sli 780ti problems

mattias1172

ik ive asked it over and over, but can you think of anything that may be causing the card/mobo to underclock itself to save power? I fixed the 1.1 to 3.0 issue by looking deeper into the nvidia control panel and found a power saver feature that was enabled.  So i told it to prefer max performance and it solved that issue.  Also i don't have the original OS install disk so i can't to a fresh wipe and reinstall without spening another $100.  Do you know if Linux (Ubuntu specifically) supports the drivers needed? 

i also not sure what may cause the issue

the link which i have given

post here

http://blogs.technet.com/b/canitpro/archive/2014/03/19/windows-8-1-tips-how-to-download-the-windows-8-1-pro-iso.aspx

you can download the ISO for the Win 8.1 Pro

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Also i don't have the original OS install disk so i can't to a fresh wipe and reinstall without spening another $100. Do you know if Linux (Ubuntu specifically) supports the drivers needed?

Buy a key from g2a for $20

Post on the Ubuntu forums, or in the Linux subsection here

i also not sure what may cause the issue

the link which i have given

post here

http://blogs.technet.com/b/canitpro/archive/2014/03/19/windows-8-1-tips-how-to-download-the-windows-8-1-pro-iso.aspx

you can download the ISO for the Win 8.1 Pro

Alright, Ive completely blanked my pc, installed a new copy of 8.1 pro (i didnt have pro before so it is brand new), downloaded the newest nvidia drivers, and im still getting the down clocking issues.  Both cards by themselves (not in sli) can run at full speed, so im still thinking there is some feature trying to save power i cant find.  

Alright, Ive completely blanked my pc, installed a new copy of 8.1 pro (i didnt have pro before so it is brand new), downloaded the newest nvidia drivers, and im still getting the down clocking issues.  Both cards by themselves (not in sli) can run at full speed, so im still thinking there is some feature trying to save power i cant find.  

doubtful on the power saving, prefer maximum performance forces the cards to run at max voltage. and im pretty sure you've got that enabled.

Have you tried using a different SLI bridge?

At this point I would purchase a corsair link cable and take a look at the power usage/amperage of your PSU when you are running the cards in SLI. It sounds like the cards just aren't getting enough juice. You can either do this or buy a new PSU. AX1200i from corsair should easily handle the two cards.

doubtful on the power saving, prefer maximum performance forces the cards to run at max voltage. and im pretty sure you've got that enabled.

Have you tried using a different SLI bridge?

At this point I would purchase a corsair link cable and take a look at the power usage/amperage of your PSU when you are running the cards in SLI. It sounds like the cards just aren't getting enough juice. You can either do this or buy a new PSU. AX1200i from corsair should easily handle the two cards.

now we may point finger to the GPUs and the PSU

other PSU he can look at is the Seasonic X1250 or EVGA 1300W PSU

I have the 1300 watt monster from CoolerMaster

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.