Sli 780ti problems

mattias1172

Unfortunately I have to log off for the night. I'll be able to keep trying tomorrow. Any ideas on how to disable ulps without registry or afterburner, or why the PCI-E slot is reverting to 1.1 would be appreciated. Thanks for all the help thus far.

Unfortunately I have to log off for the night. I'll be able to keep trying tomorrow. Any ideas on how to disable ulps without registry or afterburner, or why the PCI-E slot is reverting to 1.1 would be appreciated. Thanks for all the help thus far.

That 1.1 is just the version according to GPUz you are using PCIe 3.0.

It shows in my system I am using PCI-E 3.0x16 @ x8 1.1 . Mine is working correctly that I am a 100% sure.

Your 1.1 is just showing how the card is used in energy saving mode ;) . When you start a 3D application it switches to 3.0.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

under your manual chapter 3.6.2 System Agent Configuration

you should be able to force all to use Gen 3

or best leave them as Auto

also download the new version

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

i am also clueless at this

that board should support 2 GPUs at x16 speeds 

but one of your GPU is just refusing to work

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

That 1.1 is just the version according to GPUz you are using PCIe 3.0.

It shows in my system I am using PCI-E 3.0x16 @ x8 1.1 . Mine is working correctly that I am a 100% sure.

hmm

but it very odd that his performance is lower than expected rig

he got a bad ass mobo and dual 780Ti config

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

hmm

but it very odd that his performance is lower than expected rig

he got a bad ass mobo and dual 780Ti config

Look at my post I edited it.

1.1 is just how the card is used in energy save mode...

It is more concerning that GPUz is either totally outdated (must be more than 1,5 years old that  version then) or something is odd with the chip itself.

No matter if he has a cherry picked GPU it is a GK110 425-B1.

I can show you pictures of my blank chip without the cooler.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Look at my post I edited it.

1.1 is just how the card is used in energy save mode...

oh

but still it odd his first GPU is running at 800MHz while the other is at 3500MHz in benchmarks

oh

but still it odd his first GPU is running at 800MHz while the other is at 3500MHz in benchmarks

That´s why I´m confused... I would test both of the cards as single cards and benchmark them. This screenshot doesn´t show the correct GPU.

Whatever the GPUz says this chip must be under his coolers.

IMG_1414_zpsb0aaee0d.jpg

That´s why I´m confused... I would test both of the cards as single cards and benchmark them. This screenshot doesn´t show the correct GPU.

well he did try the GPU running separately

his mobo has a switch to off any GPU

so with just one GPU benchmarking

it shows 3500MHz memory clock at 70 degrees

very odd...

well he did try the GPU running separately

his mobo has a switch to off any GPU

so with just one GPU benchmarking

it shows 3500MHz memory clock at 70 degrees

very odd...

I just updated my post with the screenshot of one of my GTX780 Ti blank... like I said GK110-425-B1. They are all using the same chip on the 780 Ti just the PCBs are different when it comes to aftermarket cards from the boardpartners...

I just updated my post with the screenshot of one of my GTX780 Ti blank... like I said GK110-425-B1. They are all using the same chip on the 780 Ti just the PCBs are different when it comes to aftermarket cards from the boardpartners...

he did mentioned his GPUs are EVGA 780ti dual classified acx

will it be different?

he did mentioned his GPUs are EVGA 780ti dual classified acx

will it be different?

In a worst case scenario he could have a different BIOS for a better volt modding and OCing but the chip will be a GK110-425-B1 cherry picked or not. The pic doesn´t even show that it is a Kepler chip... I mean sure I do not know about all the modder BIOS you can get and maybe this is a different BIOS but an A100 rev. A1 does not meet the GTX780 Ti to my knowledge.

In a worst case scenario he could have a different BIOS for a better volt modding and OCing but the chip will be a GK110-425-B1 cherry picked or not. The pic doesn´t even show that it is a Kepler chip... I mean sure I do not know about all the modder BIOS you can get and maybe this is a different BIOS but an A100 rev. A1 does not meet the GTX780 Ti to my knowledge.

well we are both confused at this point

will have to wait for his reply tmr 

i will have to dig further

ok after a bit of digging

i suspect it may be shadowplay causing the problem

if you have it

remove it completely

and then test again

even when not in use 

it actually using your 1st GPU

ok after a bit of digging

i suspect it may be shadowplay causing the problem

if you have it

remove it completely

and then test again

even when not in use 

it actually using your 1st GPU

I can vouch for Shadow play being the problem , when i tried shadow play on my SLi 660's it did exactly the same thing , my second GPU would work as normal and my 1st Gpu would sit at idle , i uninstalled Geforce experiance altogether and now its fine , i tried shadow play again today just in case they fixed it , it just crashes my drivers straight away lol 

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

I can vouch for Shadow play being the problem , when i tried shadow play on my SLi 660's it did exactly the same thing , my second GPU would work as normal and my 1st Gpu would sit at idle , i uninstalled Geforce experiance altogether and now its fine , i tried shadow play again today just in case they fixed it , it just crashes my drivers straight away lol 

Okay good point here!

But didn't he already remove all the nVidia software before? If not OP please try to follow this. And update your GPUz.

If you update your GPUz and it still doesn't show GK110-425-B1 I would probably RMA the card.

Okay good point here!

But didn't he already remove all the nVidia software before? If not OP please try to follow this. And update your GPUz.

If you update your GPUz and it still doesn't show GK110-425-B1 I would probably RMA the card.

Also i should mention i had a similar problem when i first went Sli , i checked EVERYTHING , i got annoyed with it and put a fresh install of Win7 ultimate on it and it worked fine , if your install of windows has gone through a few installs of drivers like mine did (10+) that can cause the problem too , i would suggest RMA as a last resort , if a fresh install of windows dosent do it then its a hardware problem not software :)

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

Also i should mention i had a similar problem when i first went Sli , i checked EVERYTHING , i got annoyed with it and put a fresh install of Win7 ultimate on it and it worked fine , if your install of windows has gone through a few installs of drivers like mine did (10+) that can cause the problem too , i would suggest RMA as a last resort , if a fresh install of windows dosent do it then its a hardware problem not software :)

That's usually the last resort to reinstall Windows.

But as long as the OP doesn't reply I guess we have to wait :).

Sorry for the much delayed response.  Very busy day today :/.  Anyways, yes i have nvidia geforce experience completely uninstalled and have had it uninstalled for the majority of the benchmarks.  I have updated gpu-z and will post the screenshot here.  I even updated my mobo bios to the newest non beta one and turned all the asus ai suite 3 setting (and bios settings) to performance mode.  I am still having the same issues.

post-83259-0-90766600-1408585613.gif

Sorry for the much delayed response.  Very busy day today :/.  Anyways, yes i have nvidia geforce experience completely uninstalled and have had it uninstalled for the majority of the benchmarks.  I have updated gpu-z and will post the screenshot here.  I even updated my mobo bios to the newest non beta one and turned all the asus ai suite 3 setting (and bios settings) to performance mode.  I am still having the same issues.

attachicon.gifgpuz.gif

ok now its the correct model

but about the benchmarks

is 3DMark version 1.1?

could you try with Unigine Valley or Heaven and use Afterburner to check GPU loads

i have with heaven.  Thats where i got the 3500MHz and ~350MHz results.  

@mattias1172 Flash both cards with skyn3ts modded bios. It's a must-do for the 780 TI's really. Especially the dual classifieds, it opens up the extra voltages you'll need for overclocking.

It also might fix the issue, probably not, but either way you can dump the previous bios just in case. I prefer to flash from DOS, personal preference though.

The nvidia drivers caused me some headaches when I first tried SLI. Would say SLI was enabled when it wasn't. Removing and reinstalling the drivers always fixed it for me.

i have with heaven.  Thats where i got the 3500MHz and ~350MHz results.  

really?

can you attach the graph of the load and speed?

@mattias1172 Flash both cards with skyn3ts modded bios. It's a must-do for the 780 TI's really. Especially the dual classifieds, it opens up the extra voltages you'll need for overclocking.

It also might fix the issue, probably not, but either way you can dump the previous bios just in case. I prefer to flash from DOS, personal preference though.

The nvidia drivers caused me some headaches when I first tried SLI. Would say SLI was enabled when it wasn't. Removing and reinstalling the drivers always fixed it for me.

even so 

it kinda weird to see the bad ass card down clocking with benchmarks

even so

it kinda weird to see the bad ass card down clocking with benchmarks

@mattias1172 Are both cards identical? Brand/coolers? I don't think we ever asked that. Could explain slight down clocks to match up

But not those awful benchmark scores.

Flip the SLI bridge around? Move it from the first spot, to the second? Some mobos don't need the SLI bridge anymore and use it for redundancy. Maybe check your bios for a nested option?

@mattias1172 Are both cards identical? Brand/coolers? I don't think we ever asked that. Could explain slight down clocks to match up

But not those awful benchmark scores.

Flip the SLI bridge around? Move it from the first spot, to the second? Some mobos don't need the SLI bridge anymore and use it for redundancy. Maybe check your bios for a nested option?

yes his GPU are the classy

we also flipped the GPUs around

his mobo has the feature to run with one GPU by flipping a switch on the mobo

what is weird is that with one GPU power 

it work fine

but not in dual mode