Anyone fly a Phantom or other multirotor?

phillrulz

Just installed a gimbal and pitch lever on my remote and feeling pretty happy, TBH its a pretty cool bit of tech.

If anyone wondered how technologically advanced civilian "drones" are here is a quick top up of knowledge:

My particular quadcopter the DJI phantom FC40 has the ability to fly at 10m/s which is 22mph/34kmh

It uses GPS and an onboard computer to maintain its position regardless of wind

In stock configuration it can maintain remote control ~1km and video connection of 300m

With a modded version or higher version people have passed 5km

It has the ability to fly itself back to the user via gps and compass if remote connection is lost

With higher models you can set fully autonomous flight paths and routes.

With higher models it can use GPS to stop dangerous take offs ( within given distance from airports)

The fastest multirotor was clocked at 81mph/130kmh

HD cameras can/are mounted to these multirotors giving some amazing footage, this can be DLSR GoPros

The camera that comes with the FC40 has a built in wifi router and streams the video directly any apple/android deivce. and records in 720p.

The batteries used in these ( LiPo) are explosive when charged.

My question is are you fearful of multirotors ? if so why?

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

i dont know why everyone is crying about drones...

Just dont sit naked in your garden... 

Drones are pretty cool tho, just to expensive atm

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

i dont know why everyone is crying about drones...

Just dont sit naked in your garden... 

Drones are pretty cool tho, just to expensive atm

I agree, especially the last one.....

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

No but oddly enough I saw one of these behind the store clerk at Barnes and Noble.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I was relaxing on the front of my boat, and one flew over about 20 feet in the air. I jumped up and waved. Every since then i wanted one. these can go 22 mph? imagine how sweet tubing/wakeboarding videos would be from one of these things

I was relaxing on the front of my boat, and one flew over about 20 feet in the air. I jumped up and waved. Every since then i wanted one. these can go 22 mph? imagine how sweet tubing/wakeboarding videos would be from one of these things

Fastest was 81mph there is a multirotor i saw on kickstarter or indiegogo that sort of thing for wake boarding or of road biking, you attach a wrist band and it follows filming ill try find a link

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/airdog/airdog-worlds-first-auto-follow-action-sports-dron

Also one of the most famoud Phantom videos is called Pipeline its surfing

Fastest was 81mph there is a multirotor i saw on kickstarter or indiegogo that sort of thing for wake boarding or of road biking, you attach a wrist band and it follows filming ill try find a link

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/airdog/airdog-worlds-first-auto-follow-action-sports-dron

thats awesome! but yeah, we always have someone with a cannon 70D on the boat. do you have any idea how hard it is to focus on a wakeboarder when your on a boat? your bouncing, they are bouncing, both are moving, and the second you move the center of the camera off of them, it auto focuses to the background. and dear god if there is water spray. 

last time we went on a camping/boating trip, we(mostly me) took 2,300 pictures over 4 days. out of that, there are 150ish that I really liked. and by really liked, I mean some came out amazing. like professional quality looking. having this or really any quadcopter would be sweet.

Just installed a gimbal and pitch lever on my remote and feeling pretty happy, TBH its a pretty cool bit of tech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIYa1DMD1X8

If anyone wondered how technologically advanced civilian "drones" are here is a quick top up of knowledge:

My particular quadcopter the DJI phantom FC40 has the ability to fly at 10m/s which is 22mph/34kmh

It uses GPS and an onboard computer to maintain its position regardless of wind

In stock configuration it can maintain remote control ~1km and video connection of 300m

With a modded version or higher version people have passed 5km

It has the ability to fly itself back to the user via gps and compass if remote connection is lost

With higher models you can set fully autonomous flight paths and routes.

With higher models it can use GPS to stop dangerous take offs ( within given distance from airports)

The fastest multirotor was clocked at 81mph/130kmh

HD cameras can/are mounted to these multirotors giving some amazing footage, this can be DLSR GoPros

The camera that comes with the FC40 has a built in wifi router and streams the video directly any apple/android deivce. and records in 720p.

The batteries used in these ( LiPo) are explosive when charged.

My question is are you fearful of multirotors ? if so why?

Nice work. I want to do a project with a drone what i have a taser  or paint gun and send it to fight crime.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.