Gpu bottle neck

MrWellsy

Would a gtx 670 be bottlenecked but a intel pentium g3258?

If your CPU is running at 100% when your playing games i'm pretty sure that means your getting bottlenecked

If your CPU is running at 100% when your playing games i'm pretty sure that means your getting bottlenecked

Considering that you are only playing games and no cpu intensive apps on the background.

get an amd athlon they are much better than intel pentiums

From looking on your profile, it says you've got a i5 4670K i don't see need for an upgrade... Only me?..

Erm? no

The G3258 when overclocked gets performance not far from the i5 4690k and i7 4790k in various game benchmarks!

It will be fine, especially if you overclock it a lot (which you are meant to)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The 3258, or "pentium k", can be overclocked; if you run it at 4.6ghz or higher it will perform close to a core i7 in most games. So, yes if you leave it at stock, no if you overclock it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

but if he gets the pentium he can upgrade to a i5 or i7 further on down the line

From looking on your profile, it says you've got a i5 4670K i don't see need for an upgrade... Only me?..

I have other computer part from past upgrades, so I was looking to build another one

if you are going to upgrade sure Pentium if you are not go with a quad core athlon and i believe pretty much all amd cpus are unlocked so you can overclock them as well

gJ514.jpg

Regardless of the ecysystem you can drop a better CPU in each variant motherboard. AMD or Intel, doesnt matter as both companies have Low & High spec CPU's you can use.

What does matter is IPC and Core Count>>>>> Find out which is more important to YOUR NEEDS, and go from there.

Intel wins IPC and Singlethread/core power,...AMD Equals/Rivals Intel when all cores are effectively used in Multithreaded/core situations.

If your using all cores, most of the time, AMD or Intel

If your using some cores, not all of the time... IPC wins. Regardless of Company.... Just happens to be Intel.

I know I'll get replies good and bad for what I've written.. not fussed over that.

You could also go into more specifics and de-rail the post, info still stands.

Whoever is buying should know USER Needs, User should buy for his NEEDS.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

gJ514.jpg

intel product manager in a wan show with linus admitted himself that they dont really have much competing with the athlons. the athlons and pentiums came out at a time where amd lead the cpu market but of course things changed a lot

intel product manager in a wan show with linus admitted himself that they dont really have much competing with the athlons. the athlons and pentiums came out at a time where amd lead the cpu market but of course things changed a lot

Those were the good ol days.. Celeron 300Mhz Clockspeed @450Mhz via Dipswitch,....the Wars, DDR Wars, Gigahertz Wars, 1GhzGPU Wars

We bring out this...

They bring out this....

Fanboi War ensues....

Rinse and Repeat on every product between the two from now until my death.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Those were the good ol days.. Celeron 300Mhz Clockspeed @450Mhz via Dipswitch,....the Wars, DDR Wars, Gigahertz Wars, 1GhzGPU Wars

We bring out this...

They bring out this....

Fanboi War ensues....

Rinse and Repeat on every product between the two from now until my death.

Asking to end the fanboy wars is like asking Avril Lavigne to show signs of aging.