HSS Revenir.

So let's get started with what I'm trying to achieve, the display solution isn't set yet, I'm swaying to and a fro betwixt 1080 triple monitors with a 144Hz RF rate, triple 1440 monitors with a 60Hz RF rate, or a single3840x2160 (60Hz) res monitor. Either of these set ups would be mostly satisfactory for me, as I'm coming from an old 720 tv, I simply haven't decided which to get, will come at a later date after the beast itself has

been metaphorically forged.

I'm settling for nothing less than ultra settings on the most demanding title on whichever display setup I choose.

Now the guts.
•CPU: Intel Core i7-5960X 8 Core Processor - Price = $1 Grand (USD)
•CPU Cooler: CM V8 GTS - Price = $94.99 (USD)
•MOBO: Asus X99 Deluxe - Price = $399.99(USD) (Potentially the Rampage)
•RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2800 - $384.99 (USD)
•Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 480GB SSD -  Price = 321.88 (USD)
•GPU: PowerColor Dual Core R9 290X Devil 13 - Price = $1507.57 (USD)
•Case: Corsair 600T Graphite Silver - Price = $119.99 (USD)
•PSU: Corsair AX1500i - Price = $459.99 (USD)
•Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - Price = $19.99 (USD)
•Price: Total = $3737.70 Est. (USD) - Prices Include shipping where available - Including the monitors and other later additions increases the price from 1k/2k

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qqqHpg

Now while this rig is a beast when it comes to specifications you may want to point out to me that I could get comparable performance for quite a bit cheaper, and yes, I know and understand that.

This is most certainly a vanity build in that regard.

By the way, I plan on painting 'HSS Revenir' on the side of the case, any tips as to the best option for doing this would be appreciated.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

Reserved for build updates.

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

I'm settling for nothing less than ultra settings on the most demanding title on whichever display setup I choose.

I would maybe look into the ROG Switft 1440p 144hz monitor

That GPU should just about be able to push 144hz in 1440p ultra in all games, this in my opinion would be the best of all worlds

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I would maybe look into the ROG Switft 1440p 144hz monitor

That GPU should just about be able to push 144hz in 1440p ultra in all games, this in my opinion would be the best of all worlds

A friend of mine on another forum was suggesting that one as well, and from what I've heard it would be a fine monitor indeed.

A friend of mine on another forum was suggesting that one as well, and from what I've heard it would be a fine monitor indeed.

I think 4k is still a push (unless you get a second dual 290x card), scaling is still an issue for normal browsing and daily use

I think surround is great but is not very well supported and only works in a handful of games, surround 1440p is even harder than 4k, 

So going 144hz 1440p seems good, from what I have seen most 1440p games should run at 100fps+ so you will get a nice all round experience, great to use for productivity, nearly everything supports it,  its very sharp for gaming and you can run ultra with AA, and you get smooth 100+hz experiance

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I think 4k is still a push (unless you get a second dual 290x card), scaling is still an issue for normal browsing and daily use

I think surround is great but is not very well supported and only works in a handful of games, surround 1440p is even harder than 4k, 

So going 144hz 1440p seems good, from what I have seen most 1440p games should run at 100fps+ so you will get a nice all round experience, great to use for productivity, nearly everything supports it,  its very sharp for gaming and you can run ultra with AA, and you get smooth 100+hz experiance

That certainly does seem like a reasonable solution for this build, I'm definitely giving it some serious consideration, a bit on the pricy side (what isn't in this build?) but not much more than the 4k 27" monitor from Asus and a little cheaper than three of their 144Hz 1080s. 

That certainly does seem like a reasonable solution for this build, I'm definitely giving it some serious consideration, a bit on the pricy side (what isn't in this build?) but not much more than the 4k 27" monitor from Asus and a little cheaper than three of their 144Hz 1080s. 

Exactly :) although you miss out on gysnc :( but  even Linus said its worth considering for AMD users

Seriously, enough with the italics

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Exactly :) although you miss out on gysnc :( but  even Linus said its worth considering for AMD users

Yes, it's definitely a good monitor even sans gsync. I'll have to tackle the monitors at a later date, as this build is going to be hell on my wallet, but it's definitely a strong contender at present.

Seriously, enough with the italics

Dude... This thread was started by a person who uses a font you find annoying and difficult to read, yet you entered willingly of your own volition, and given that all you did while here was complain, I can only presume that's all you came to do... In conclusion I have even less sympathy for your anti TNR Italic plight than I would anywhere else, which outside of your own topics isn't much. 

Yes, it's definitely a good monitor even sans gsync. I'll have to tackle the monitors at a later date, as this build is going to be hell on my wallet, but it's definitely a strong contender at present.

Dude... This thread was started by a person who uses a font you find annoying and difficult to read, yet you entered willingly of your own volition, and given that all you did while here was complain, I can only presume that's all you came to do... In conclusion I have even less sympathy for your anti TNR Italic plight than I would anywhere else, which outside of your own topics isn't much. 

But it's not a font, it's a grammatical property.

"When to use[edit]
  • Emphasis: "Smith wasn't the only guilty party, it's true".
  • The titles of works that stand by themselves, such as books (including those within a larger series), albums, plays, or periodicals: "He wrote his thesis on The Scarlet Letter". Works that appear within larger works, such as short stories, poems, or newspaper articles, are not italicized, but merely set off in quotation marks.
  • The names of ships: "The Queen Mary sailed last night."
  • Foreign words, including the Latin binomial nomenclature in the taxonomy of living organisms: "A splendid coq au vin was served"; "Homo sapiens".
  • Mentioning a word as an example of a word rather than for its semantic content (see use–mention distinction): "The word the is an article".
    • Using a letter or number mentioned as itself:
      • John was annoyed; they had forgotten the h in his name once again.
      • When she saw her name beside the 1 on the rankings, she finally had proof that she was the best.
  • Introducing or defining terms, especially technical terms or those used in an unusual or different way:[5] "Freudian psychology is based on the ego, the super-ego, and the id."; "An even number is one that is a multiple of 2."
  • Sometimes in novels to indicate a character's thought process: "This can't be happening, thought Mary."
  • Algebraic symbols (constants and variables) are conventionally typeset in italics: "The solution is x = 2."
  • Symbols for physical quantities and mathematical constants: "The speed of light, c, is approximately equal to 3.00×108 m/s."[6][7][8]"

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

"When to use[edit]
  • Emphasis: "Smith wasn't the only guilty party, it's true".
  • The titles of works that stand by themselves, such as books (including those within a larger series), albums, plays, or periodicals: "He wrote his thesis on The Scarlet Letter". Works that appear within larger works, such as short stories, poems, or newspaper articles, are not italicized, but merely set off in quotation marks.
  • The names of ships: "The Queen Mary sailed last night."
  • Foreign words, including the Latin binomial nomenclature in the taxonomy of living organisms: "A splendid coq au vin was served"; "Homo sapiens".
  • Mentioning a word as an example of a word rather than for its semantic content (see use–mention distinction): "The word the is an article".
    • Using a letter or number mentioned as itself:
      • John was annoyed; they had forgotten the h in his name once again.
      • When she saw her name beside the 1 on the rankings, she finally had proof that she was the best.
  • Introducing or defining terms, especially technical terms or those used in an unusual or different way:[5] "Freudian psychology is based on the ego, the super-ego, and the id."; "An even number is one that is a multiple of 2."
  • Sometimes in novels to indicate a character's thought process: "This can't be happening, thought Mary."
  • Algebraic symbols (constants and variables) are conventionally typeset in italics: "The solution is x = 2."
  • Symbols for physical quantities and mathematical constants: "The speed of light, c, is approximately equal to 3.00×108 m/s."[6][7][8]"

This is a font, This is a font too,  this is too, this is not....  neither is this, or this, or this.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

This is a font, This is a font too,  this is too, this is not....  neither is this, or this, or this.

youtherealmvp.jpg

-snip that Wikipedia quote snip-

It doesn't matter what it's called, you knew what this thread was written in when you came in, and you chose to do so anyway, and furthermore only did so to raise a fuss about it or so it can be theorized given that that's been the extent of your activity in the thread. So your justification for complaint is just a step above what it would be if you somehow managed to complain about shooting yourself in the head, which is to say 'zilch'.