Need help deciding!!

Here you go: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/105L3

I'm still not sure what your usage will be so this is what I've conjured up so far.

Went with the 3570k for it's sweet quad core performance.

The NH-D14 is a beast of a cooler while being very quiet as well. 

16gigs of 1600 ram should allow for some heavy multitasking.

Samsung 840 120gb--great ssd. Need I say more?

Segate barracuda 2TB for storage. I'm not sure how much you need so I went with the generic 2TB.

The 7950 should breeze through most games on max settings.

I just picked a case that would fit the cooler with front usb 3.0. In this case, the Antec 302 is a great case.

The Antec High Current Gamer 620w is more than adequate for this build and should accommodate for any more cards or drives you would want to add. I'm not sure if you need a Dvd drive though.

I picked a 24" monitor for the 1920x1200 resolution. Asus makes some excellent monitors. Maybe you'd want to get multiple displays or a single 27" display. I don't know.

The G710+ is an awesome keyboard with brown switches. I use it myself and it is quite the beauty. It's a good medium between the loud blue switches and the softer rubber dome keyboards.

I picked a laser mouse that looked decent. I use the G9x and it's a great mouse but I couldn't find it on the site.

The speakers, I just picked up off the site. I have not used them but it has great reviews on newegg. 

Do with this what you may. I would love to give you a more updated build once you give more information about what you want.

hmmm... thanks for that!!

but atm i only need the cpu mobo and gpu, i already have everything else 

decisions decisions decisions.....

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

the h100 should and why do you prefer aircooling? you get better temps on watercooling and its cheaper (price to performance) if you are going to get a $90 aircooler. and pcpartpicker isnt the only place to look you can use amazon and newegg.

It's because i'm in Australia and we have a limited selection on PCpartpicker and everything also also well overpriced.....

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

launch date is supposed to be (unless im not up to date) early to mid june and they will probably have it the day of or within a week of launch, i dont know but that is my guess.

I would really suggest amd though and heres why

FX-8350, 8 Cores, 4.2Ghz, $200, Can Overclock, MB is cheaper.

i5 3450, 4 Cores, 3.1Ghz, $200, Can't Overclock, MB is more expensive

Case in point.

Clock speed and cores shouldn't necessarily be part of the deciding process. "Well it has more gigahertz and cores, so it must be better." However, in multi-threaded areas, it makes sense that the 8350 would do better. Just do the math, and you'll see why. But to be honest, from a hardware perspective, I am not impressed with the 8350 at all. There I said it - not impressed. The price though is great.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

hmmm... thanks for that!!

but atm i only need the cpu mobo and gpu, i already have everything else 

decisions decisions decisions.....

What are the parts you already have?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Clock speed and cores shouldn't necessarily be part of the deciding process. "Well it has more gigahertz and cores, so it must be better." However, in multi-threaded areas, it makes sense that the 8350 would do better. Just do the math, and you'll see why. But to be honest, from a hardware perspective, I am not impressed with the 8350 at all. There I said it - not impressed. The price though is great.

i know that but it was the most simple way and it was just the easiest way to show how much better it was, and why do you not like it?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

i know that but it was the most simple way and it was just the easiest way to show how much better it was, and why do you not like it?

It's clocked higher and has eight cores, and still barely beats a 3770K(in some situations. Most AFAIK, 3770K wins) and the 3770K is clocked lower, is a quad core with hyper-threading and it consumes less power. But..this is from a hardware perspective. Price perspective, 8350 beats a 3770K. I like the 8350, but I'm not impressed with it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/1069X

and also yes ik the ram is complete wast of money... it was given to me for a present and you can't deny it looks amazing.....  

and also yes ik the ram is complete wast of money... it was given to me for a present and you can't deny it looks amazing.....  

LOL @ the platinum. I'm jelly. :P

Before I list out parts--what's your usage for the computer?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

again mostly gaming and general things.

Ik the instant thing to say is 3570k!!!! but hangups/slowdowns REALLY agitate me :P (hence why I have my phone OC'd to 2.0GHz)

and yeah.. it is pretty nice ;)

again mostly gaming and general things.

Ik the instant thing to say is 3570k!!!! but hangups/slowdowns REALLY agitate me :P (hence why I have my phone OC'd to 2.0GHz)

LOLOOLOLOL. My phone has battery life problems as is.

Here you go: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/oR2n

The 7950 should be more than adequate on single display gaming and multi display configs.

LOLOOLOLOL. My phone has battery life problems as is.

Here you go: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/oR2n

The 7950 should be more than adequate on single display gaming and multi display configs.

hahaha Note 2... battery is huge!!

and again thanks!

so you think I should just buy now?

and again thanks!

and yeah it's just single monitor :) for the moment... :P

and again thanks!

I think haswell is coming out in a few weeks. It depends if you can wait. If you're in no rush, you can save a bit of money. 

You should probably get one extra monitor if you haven't done multi display set ups before.

On average, you should get a 30% increase in productivity from 1 to 2 monitors and 10% more from 2 to 3. I've used single, double, and triple monitor setups and 3 monitors lets you do more things at once but 2 makes switching from each monitor a bit quicker since you don't need to pick between which display to look at.

I think haswell is coming out in a few weeks. It depends if you can wait. If you're in no rush, you can save a bit of money. 

You should probably get one extra monitor if you haven't done multi display set ups before.

On average, you should get a 30% increase in productivity from 1 to 2 monitors and 10% more from 2 to 3. I've used single, double, and triple monitor setups and 3 monitors lets you do more things at once but 2 makes switching from each monitor a bit quicker since you don't need to pick between which display to look at.

I have been hearing about release at computex.... june 2nd?? or will it be longer until it's in retailers hands??

I have been hearing about release at computex.... june 2nd?? or will it be longer until it's in retailers hands??

I bet retailers already have them and are just waiting to release them.

I bet retailers already have them and are just waiting to release them.

aghhh this is the part that makes it so hard to decide :P

aghhh this is the part that makes it so hard to decide :P

I'd say wait. What do you have to lose? (Except maybe your head)

mmm i'm leaning towards that, chance on selling later after a couple of batches pass through??

sanity.... :P

hmmm so looking around people are saying that June 2nd and microcenters do already have them if this is true looks like i shall be waiting....