My Intel and AMD Budget Builds

partick.lii

Hey Guys. I'm using a normal font today.

Anyway, I have made myself $650, and decided to make a new pc. 

I am considering both teams, intel and red. My actual PC budget is around only $500 because of the stupid 13% tax in CANADA. 

I will be using this for some gaming, like LoL, and bf3 and 4. 

Now keep in mind, I will upgrade some of it in the future, so I will be getting legitimate graphics cards. 

So, Welcome the first Challenger, Intel. (link):http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/yRWmNG

Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ NCIX) 
Memory: Kingston Fury Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($86.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($86.71 @ DirectCanada) 
Case: Corsair SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($55.58 @ DirectCanada) 
Total: $516.25
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-15 22:36 EDT-0400

I am going to use integrated graphics until I have enough money to buy a dedicated card. I might wait for Christmas for a sale? Also, I already have the 212 evo and a 1tb blue hdd. 

Next, we have team red. (link):http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/2wBFmG

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($166.95 @ Vuugo) 
Motherboard: ASRock 990FX Extreme3 ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard  ($119.95 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: Kingston Fury Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($86.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon R7 240 2GB Video Card  ($64.99 @ NCIX) 
Case: Corsair SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($55.58 @ DirectCanada) 
Total: $569.45
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-15 22:50 EDT-0400

At the moment, I like the intel build better, but if you guys can make the team red build better it would be great. The thing is the AM3+ socket doesnt have onboard video, so I have to buy a graphics card to connect my monitor. I can't find a solution to this... Q.Q I need help.

The intel build has an ssd which the amd build doesnt, where as the amd processor is more expensive, and has a gpu. I'll keep looking, but am very opn to suggestions, I trust you guys :D

Thanks in advance!

No video card for the Intel build?

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

AFAIK you dont need a fancy z97 board for the pentium (let me look this up real quick :) )

EDIT 

here it is

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

The second one with a cheaper PSU, a cheaper case, and a 750Ti or 270 in it.

Maybe drop the CPU down to an FX 6300 and put an R9 280 in it.

Hey Guys. I'm using a normal font today.

Anyway, I have made myself $650, and decided to make a new pc. 

I am considering both teams, intel and red. My actual PC budget is around only $500 because of the stupid 13% tax in CANADA. 

I will be using this for some gaming, like LoL, and bf3 and 4. 

Now keep in mind, I will upgrade some of it in the future, so I will be getting legitimate graphics cards. 

At the moment, I like the intel build better, but if you guys can make the team red build better it would be great. The thing is the AM3+ socket doesnt have onboard video, so I have to buy a graphics card to connect my monitor. I can't find a solution to this... Q.Q I need help.

The intel build has an ssd which the amd build doesnt, where as the amd processor is more expensive, and has a gpu. I'll keep looking, but am very opn to suggestions, I trust you guys :D

Thanks in advance!

The Intel will be better for gaming if you're comfortable with overclocking and will be getting a beefy cooler to overclock later on. At stock or just slightly overclocking, or if you're doing things other then gaming, the 8320 will be better.

Don't get an R7 240. Go find a used/second-hand video card for cheap. There's 8800GT's and other nonsense like that on kijiji for $30 obo and it'll do just as well in the mean time if not better then a 240

"Rawr XD"

I think AMD does better in terms of price/Performance in most cases, and the 8350 has 8 cores compared to the 2 on the G3258. 

BF4 needs 4 threads for proper performance, so I'd highly suggest the AMD build.

Remember to be a good citizen and choose a 'best answer' when your problem has been resolved!

(that way people know when a problem's been resolved)

He will be getting a better video card later on, and will be using integrated graphics in the mean time

"Rawr XD"

Get a smaller psu that mobo^ (the one on the video i linked)  and a 212 evo cpu cooler. then save up for a 750ti

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

AFAIK you dont need a fancy z97 board for the pentium

but you do want good VRM heatsinks/cooling to be able to get the most out of overclocking the pentium

"Rawr XD"

but you do want good VRM heatsinks/cooling to be able to get the most out of overclocking the pentium

From the money he will have saved he could get a 212 evo which is plenty good enough then he can save for a 750ti or amd equivalent 

|| MAELSTROM ||

AFAIK you dont need a fancy z97 board for the pentium (let me look this up real quick :) )

I want to upgrade in the future, it is just a place holder for now.

Yeah I'm using integrated graphics and saving up for a dedicated card, I dont want to spend like $150-200 on a gpu im going to throw out later.

Also, I forgot to mention I want USB 3.0, but virtually anything has that now.

IMO i'd save abit more to maybe $800. the $500 mark isnt really a sweet spot :P

|| MAELSTROM ||

The Intel will be better for gaming if you're comfortable with overclocking and will be getting a beefy cooler to overclock later on. At stock or just slightly overclocking, or if you're doing things other then gaming, the 8320 will be better.

Don't get an R7 240. Go find a used/second-hand video card for cheap. There's 8800GT's and other nonsense like that on kijiji for $30 obo and it'll do just as well in the mean time if not better then a 240

I have a hyper 212 evo, and I want to overclock it. I just want the cheapest dedicated card for connecting my monitor.

EDIT 

here it is

honestly, the pentium is just a filler for my killer 5670k/90k im going to be getting, so I wanted the z97 motherboard.

Get a smaller psu that mobo^ (the one on the video i linked)  and a 212 evo cpu cooler. then save up for a 750ti

I have a 212 evo, and I want to invest more in the future, most of the things here are just space fillers, and the psu is for my super cool 880 sli in the future :D 

DON'T BUY A 240 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Get a A10 7850K and a decent board, and if you don't like your performance, there's always gonna be the option to get a GPU later.

yeah, but the thing is there is no way to connect my monitor to my pc if I dont buy a gpu because am3+ doesnt have onboard viDEO.

IMO i'd save abit more to maybe $800. the $500 mark isnt really a sweet spot :P

I might get like $100 by christmas, and the sales will get me something goood :D

I have a hyper 212 evo, and I want to overclock it. I just want the cheapest dedicated card for connecting my monitor.

yeah, but the thing is there is no way to connect my monitor to my pc if I dont buy a gpu because am3+ doesnt have onboard viDEO.

A Hyper 212 evo will do fine for overclocking either, so I'd go with the 8320 just cause you can do other things besides gaming (and only two threaded gaming at that)

Again with the AM3 if you're going to get a video card later on, don't buy a brand new 240. Go on eBay or local kijiji for Toronto and find a used video card like an 8800GT that'll be half the price of a new 240 and will actually perform noticeably better.

"Rawr XD"

A Hyper 212 evo will do fine for overclocking either, so I'd go with the 8320 just cause you can do other things besides gaming (and only two threaded gaming at that)

Again with the AM3 if you're going to get a video card later on, don't buy a brand new 240. Go on eBay or local kijiji for Toronto and find a used video card like an 8800GT that'll be half the price of a new 240 and will actually perform noticeably better.

Ok! Thanks for the advice, I'll do that.