PC won't start up correctly

Ikaros18

So I turned on my PC, then I got this screen. I've tried various ways to fix it but it still won't work, I didn't back up my PC as I don't have an external HDD and my PC is filled of editing stuff and I don't want to do a clean reinstall, please help.

What fixes have you already tried?

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

press restart, all it will do is turn it off and back on

Worked for me when it came on for me once

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

Yes, I assume you tried the restart button?

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

What fixes have you already tried?

. I've tried restarting it, using the command prompt, inserting my windows installation disk and etc

Yes I did

Yes I did

press restart, all it will do is turn it off and back on

Worked for me when it came on for me once

Tried doing that, but won't work

. I've tried restarting it, using the command prompt, inserting my windows installation disk and etc

I can't remember exactly but is there a restore point option in the advanced options section?

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

Did you try the startup repair? Quite useless at times but occasionally works. 

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

I can't remember exactly but is there a restore point option in the advanced options section?

Yes, but I don't have a restore point unfortunately

Did you try the startup repair? Quite useless at times but occasionally works.

Yup I did, but it didn't do anything

At this point, if your worried about data I would take the drive out and save anything you would want to keep. Then just start again. It will definetley be recoverable, there is no doubt about that. However without more details it's hard to say.

Yes, but I don't have a restore point unfortunately

That's strange, usually windows adds a restore point automatically every time you install something. That's how i managed to fix this problem when it happened to me.

That's strange, usually windows adds a restore point automatically every time you install something. That's how i managed to fix this problem when it happened to me.

Yup

At this point, if your worried about data I would take the drive out and save anything you would want to keep. Then just start again. It will definetley be recoverable, there is no doubt about that. However without more details it's hard to say.

How can I do that ?

Yup

I assume you've tried safe mode?

I assume you've tried safe mode?

I tried booting into safe mode but it wouldn't work

Do you have another spare hard drive? Or do you have a an external drive bay or caddy or anything suitable?

Do you have another spare hard drive? Or do you have a an external drive bay or caddy or anything suitable?

Nope I don't, My PC runs on an SSD and a HDD if that helps

Where is your most valuable data located? I'm assuming, hopefully correctly, that your OS runs on the SSD? Thus meaning you keep all of your important data on the HDD?

Where is your most valuable data located? I'm assuming, hopefully correctly, that your OS runs on the SSD? Thus meaning you keep all of your important data on the HDD?

Yessir, I do have some programs installed on my SSD though

I tried booting into safe mode but it wouldn't work

What computer do you have? On my HP laptop there's a feature that they added allows me to backup all the data on to an external drive from this repair screen or you could just buy an external hard drive enclosure which would allow you to get all of the stuff off it and store it on another computer.

Also have you tried the Refresh option? It will remove your programs but your data will remain.

What computer do you have? On my HP laptop there's a feature that they added allows me to backup all the data on to an external drive from this repair screen or you could just buy an external hard drive enclosure which would allow you to get all of the stuff off it and store it on another computer.

Also have you tried the Refresh option? It will remove your programs but your data will remain.

I have a desktop PC and yes I have tried the refresh option, I popped in my windows installation disk but the disk tray wouldn't verify the disk

Yessir, I do have some programs installed on my SSD though

Best way to rectify the problem completely and quickly is to just suck it up and re-install Windows and your programs, if all your data is on the mechanical drive then you should be good to go!