Windows won't boot! I NEED HELP PLEASE!

Meestagibbon

I just tried to update my bios, (instant flash to the newest one possible) on my ASRock H61DE/S3, and now windows won't even show a logo or loading screen, I tried AHCI and IDE mode, also I'm not using SATA3. I can, although boot into ubuntu with no problems at all. When I try to open the primary Hybrid Drive, it says make sure windows is fully shut down, and not in hibernate. (Completely hate that feature, way to go microsoft, the problems with Windows 8 list is getting larger). I Cleared CMOS and all, unplugged and re-plugged everything. But for some reason it won't boot, I am using a Seagate momentus XT (SSHD) and my secondary with linux is a mechanical, WD 500GB, and I do remember when I got the new drive, I couldn't get my pc to recognize it, but I've done everything that fixed that. Still, no windows boot. Full specs down below, any help is appreciated.

*EDIT* I updated my bios in hopes of it fixing my non working USB Ports, they also don't work though.

Specs:
ASRock H61DE/S3
Intel Core i3 2100
8 GigaBytes of Kingston 1066 ram
MSI GTX 760
RocketFish Modular PSU
Western Digital Blue 500GB Secondary Drive (Linux)
Seagate Momentus XT (750GB SSHD) Windows 8.1 Pro

you might have busted the bios. try switching the bios if you can

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Since ubuntu works your board should be fine. I have noticed ubuntu normally is a lot better with hadware changes compared to windows. Try the disk in a different computer if you can. Try downgrading the bios to the old version.

I don't know the previous version, I double flashed it, should I go to the one before that, and just keep going back till it works?

Can you get to the safe mode menu by hitting f8 before booting to Windows?

I don't know the previous version, I double flashed it, should I go to the one before that, and just keep going back till it works?

option one reinstall windows

option two what you just said

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Windows 8.1 doesnt usually let you go into safe mode, it just black screens after UEFI POST Screen.

I've reinstalled windows so many god damn times I'm not ready to do it again lol

I've reinstalled windows so many god damn times I'm not ready to do it again lol

If you're having to re-install constantly, you are doing something wrong, most likely... I've never had to re-install, only refresh 2x due to a screw up on my end.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

Windows 8.1 doesnt usually let you go into safe mode, it just black screens after UEFI POST Screen.

maybe turn off UEFI

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Not wrong, more on the lines of experimental, and I meant refresh, and I do it to rid of clutter after a good 6-8 months, but I do a lot of visual modding and things like that, which cause a lot of errors and in the long run i just refresh. I haven't refreshed in awhile and the last one was due to a constant bug I was getting when plugging in things like my keyboard. but anyways back on track, I've gone through 3 updates now, no luck, next one is the last available one, and after that I guess it's a reinstall or refresh.

Had this problem recently, is your monitor responding to the signal and active or is it staying in sleep mode? Had to shut mine off and back on and it was at the oc failed screen and everything was fine. I tried all the steps you mentioned and I still couldn't get it to work.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

I get the little white dash in the top left, with a lighter black screen, then to the full black out screen, my monitor is working in ubuntu, and ubuntu takes no time, but I shall try that before I flash back one last time.

Now im getting long load screen, then crash and restart, where to go? Tried to run sfc, said pending repair then crashed again, start again?

Okay so, I'm in, after trying to boot safe mode, but everything looks normal...