VTX3D HD7870 Black vs R9 270

Juggernautilus

Hi, I wanted to know which one would be better. 

I am getting an offer of a used VTX3D HD7870 Black for 120 euros or I could get a new R9 270 for roughly 155 euros from the store.

I heard from reviews that the VTX3D is a very good card and sometimes performs like a HD7950.

I am a complete noob in these questions so I ask, which one should I buy?

HD 7870. It's slightly better than an R9 270, and you've found it with a price tag lower than an R9 270.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I am getting an offer of a used VTX3D HD7870 Black for 120 euros or I could get a new R9 270 for roughly 155 euros from the store.

I heard from reviews that the VTX3D is a very good card and sometimes performs like a HD7950.

They're pretty much the same card, as the 270 is just a rebrand. I would obviously get the 270 as it is a brand new card vs getting a used one

"Rawr XD"

HD 7870. It's slightly better than an R9 270, and you've found it with a price tag lower than an R9 270.

It's lower cause it's a used card. The 7870 at best falls between a 270 and 270X. It's not that much of a difference.

"Rawr XD"

It's lower cause it's a used card. The 7870 at best falls between a 270 and 270X. It's not that much of a difference.

Meh, didn't see the word "used" in the OP, i'd say get the R9 270, since it's new.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

The HD7870 is made by VTX3D and they weren't even sure how to brand it since it uses Tahiti XT(LE) not Pitcairn core and according to this review performs much better than a reference HD7870.

The choise is hard but I think I had to mention that the HD7870 is sold by a trusted person from a local tech forum. Still waiting his response with info how much the card has been used, is it overclocked etc.

I see that people's opinions are splitting so it makes it even a harder choice.

Bump. :(

Seems like people stop using topics after 10 minutes of making them / topics dissapearing from the sidebar

Is the 7870 the Tahiti LE version, if so than it will perform better than 7950 stock for stock.

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

Is the 7870 the Tahiti LE version, if so than it will perform better than 7950 stock for stock.

The name is VTX3D HD7870 Black, but yes it has Tahiti LE. 

Currently leaned more towards the used 7870 and I am open to other people opinions.

Bought the HD7870. I don't have all the parts to test it yet, but once I have them I will post some test results. Current progress: GPU and RAM.

Performance is same.
I would recommend the r9 270 only because it is newer and has support for mantle api.
though the hd 7870 has a better price to performance ratio.

Performance is same.

I would recommend the r9 270 only because it is newer and has support for mantle api.

though the hd 7870 has a better price to performance ratio.

actually the HD7870 is based on the GCN architectural also

Mantle will work with both HD7870 and 270

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.