Do I even need water cooling?

Go to solution Solved by TheRunningOtaku,

Stock fans should be okay, but if you want an upgrade get a 212 Evo

Watercooling is expensive, require more maintenance and take a long time to set up, not to mention the danger of leaks killing your system

They're a good idea if you *need* the performance, or enjoy watercooling, but personally I'd save the money and get a good air cooler (and maybe an SSD in that system ;) )

hey guys, i've never built a desktop with water cooling before

but it looks so cool, before I build it I need to know am I really need it.

AMD Kaveri A10-7850K

Gskill DDR3 PC19200 8GB GTX Dual Channel F3-2400C10D-8GTX

WDC 1TB SATA3 64MB - Caviar Blue - WD10EZEX

MOBO : MSI A55M-E33

Radeon R9 270X

with this system, would i really need water cooling?Im not gonna OC or other tweaking stuff(cause I can't)

I only want to play new games with high setting, my concern is I dont want to break my component due to overheat.

So am I gonna need WC or Stock fan is enough?

Regards

If you wanna piss away money, go ham. Do you need it? About as much as an Amish needs lightbulbs.

Go forth and maximize profits.

No, watercooling is not necessary on your rig, not at all. Watercooling only makes sense if you have really high end components.

You won't need watercooling for that. First of all, there are no R9 270X water locks besides universal ones, unless I'm mistaken, and if you aren't going to OC, a slightly better air cooler like the coolermaster TX3 or Zalman CNPS2X will do for the CPU, being quieter than the stock cpu cooler.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

You don't need watercooling.

What I would suggest is an aftermarket cooler for your CPU, but that's it. This option is a lot cheaper then watercooling.

Stock fans are fine thats what they are for any extra cooling is not required for stock components water is more of a hobbie than anything

*snip*

get a cooler master Hyper T4, 212x or a 212 evo. You don't need a water cooling loop.

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

Stock fans should be okay, but if you want an upgrade get a 212 Evo

Watercooling is expensive, require more maintenance and take a long time to set up, not to mention the danger of leaks killing your system

They're a good idea if you *need* the performance, or enjoy watercooling, but personally I'd save the money and get a good air cooler (and maybe an SSD in that system ;) )

Remember to be a good citizen and choose a 'best answer' when your problem has been resolved!

(that way people know when a problem's been resolved)