OC:ed GPU and Smartphones?

Slow N Stupid

Ok... so this is the most confusing problem ever... trust me >.>

I have OC:ed my 780 TI... everything works fine... was stable over 20h stability test and everything... the funny thing is.. It crashes if I have my smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S5) plugged into my computer and GPU is underload... without load it won't but if I play let's say Guild Wars 2... and in dungeon with a lot of monsters... Nvidia isn't responding and boom crashed... I know it's only GPU since it's Nvidia that is not responding... after a bit my computer resurrect itself but I have to reopen every program I have opened because all I would see is either black or white screen (since gpu just crashed)...

So anyone have any good idea how to fix this? xD Coz as soon as I narrowed it down to my smartphone... I kinda lost all of the ideas

PLEASE QUOTE OR TAG (WITH @) ME IF YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT ME TO REPLY!!!!!!!

Also if your issue is solved don't forget to mark the thread as solved!
Peace!!! from a random person in the tech's god forsaken land (named Finland or as I like to call it sarcastically FUNland)

Ok... so this is the most confusing problem ever... trust me >.>

I have OC:ed my 780 TI... everything works fine... was stable over 20h stability test and everything... the funny thing is.. It crashes if I have my smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S5) plugged into my computer and GPU is underload... without load it won't but if I play let's say Guild Wars 2... and in dungeon with a lot of monsters... Nvidia isn't responding and boom crashed... I know it's only GPU since it's Nvidia that is not responding... after a bit my computer resurrect itself but I have to open every program I have opened because all I would see is either black or white screen (since gpu just crashed)...

So anyone have any good idea how to fix this? xD Coz as soon as I narrowed it down to my smartphone... I kinda lost all of the ideas

how did you test your gpu and what are the clock speeds?

EDIT: did you also tried playing even before plugging in your phone?

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

how did you test your gpu and what are the clock speeds?

EDIT: did you also tried playing even before plugging in your phone?

Valley benchmark and left it playing while monitoring temps and gpu usage over 20h

And yes I tried never crashed... like I said I narrowed it down to smartphone... after I suspected that it's smartphone, I just plugged it in and ran Valley benchmark, crashed first few seconds it started... and without it, it just runs normally

PLEASE QUOTE OR TAG (WITH @) ME IF YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT ME TO REPLY!!!!!!!

Peace!!! from a random person in the tech's god forsaken land (named Finland or as I like to call it sarcastically FUNland)

Valley benchmark and left it playing while monitoring temps and gpu usage over 20h

And yes I tried never crashed... like I said I narrowed it down to smartphone... after I suspected that it's smartphone, I just plugged it in and ran Valley benchmark, crashed first few seconds it started... and without it, it just runs normally

That's... I can't even..... that' weird. I didn't saw other problems that is same as you have. Maybe I can't help you with that, but yeah, maybe it's the phone. Let's wait for the others to try and solve your problem.(seriously I've never seen a problem that is the same as you have :blink:)

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

That's... I can't even..... that' weird. I didn't saw other problems that is same as you have. Maybe I can't help you with that, but yeah, maybe it's the phone. Let's wait for the others to try and solve your problem.(seriously I've never seen a problem that is the same as you have :blink:)

I know lol!!!!... they are like completely unrelated >.> anyhow... will sooner or later try a clean reinstall windows 7 and see if it fixes it... and will also test on other motherboard if it's this specific one's problem

btw here is my OC settings

1254 Mhz Core clock

1915 Mhz Memory clock

1190 mV Core volt

Using the Palit Jetstream... load temp never go beyond 79 celcius

Shamelessly bump it to first page!

Shamelessly bump it to first page number 2!

ps. will be last bump... if no one answer by the time it drops to second page, I'll try clean reinstall and will edit the OP if it works or not for someone who might have the same issue as me in the future

You can try this? Might be a problem with the phone transmitting data instead of using power from the system. Does it happen no matter where the phone is plugged in to your computer?

http://www.amazon.com/Retractable-Micro-Charging-Cables-FUNCTION/dp/B004A8OMLQ

Yea it does, I've changed from front panel USB to back and from USB 2 to USB 3... nothing helps and I forgot to mention (someone asked) I have 750w Corsair CX (brand new)...

About data transfer, it's strange because it's just plugged in (basicly charging) not doing anything, but I will try Power only/No data cable (got to find one first)