Error 43 For Nvidia Graphics Card

System specs: Windows 8.1 Pro x64, 4gb ram and asus gtx 560 ti

Device manager: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

Screen resolution -> Display: Generic Non-PnP Monitor (used to be monitor's series number)

I am currently facing this problem and I have no idea on what to do next. Max screen resolution is 1280 x 800, but when I use the DVI port on the mother board the resolution can go back to 1600 x 900 (monitor resolution). Here is a list of the things that I have done:

1. Delete and re-install drivers

2. Remove and insert graphics card

3. Install older drivers

Could my PCI-E slot be the cause of the problem or is it the graphics card?

If you have more than 1 PCIe slot try the other slot. If you only have 1 slot then try to borrow (if you don't have a 2nd PCIe card) another PCIe card (pref nvidia, even better if also 560 Ti) and test if the error persists with this other card. If the error persists with a different card then it is most likely a malfunctioning PCIe slot.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

is the GPU seated well in the slot

what about the  power connectors ?

also is this a new build ? or is this an old system and u just had this issues ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

the com only has one pcie slot

its an old system. it was working fine yesterday, suddenly the com restarted it self, then this happened.

i will try to use different power connectors now. (still same problem)

i borrow and amd card and used it on my com. went to device manager and it seems that the card is fine. i can also change the resolution to 1600x900 without installing the drivers.

i guess my card is busted. :(

EDIT: content.

i guess the thread can be closed now.