Beyerdynamic DT770 headphone revisions/straight cable

Askew

So I am looking for a place in the UK to buy this headphone, I ideally want the latest revision with a straight cable.

The one on the amazon page doesn't say if the cable is straight or coiled, but the image is the same as the stock photo on BD's website so I'm assuming that's the latest.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyerdynamic-DT770-PRO-Headset-250/dp/B0006NL5SM

The one here at another retailer does specify the straight cable but the image is of a different model of the headphone.

http://www.andertons.co.uk/closed-back/pid11690/cid724/beyerdynamic-250-ohms-dt770-pro-headphones.asp

Does anyone know what if any difference there is between models of this headphone, or if all the newest models come with a straight cable or is there still more than one cable version?

I want to get this right because the cable isn't removable and I've seen unboxings with coiled and straight cables...

The only straight cables for that headphone is the premium version which is discontinued. The 250ohm pro is the coiled. There is a used one up on head-fi for $200 but idk if it's worth it or if he will ship to the UK. If you buy it from there it will be the straight 

The only straight cables for that headphone is the premium version which is discontinued. The 250ohm pro is the coiled. There is a used one up on head-fi for $200 but idk if it's worth it or if he will ship to the UK. If you buy it from there it will be the straight 

Thanks for the response, any chance you can identify if the headphone on the left is the premium version then? It's definitely a different model headphone and it's advertised as having a straight cable.

d1138144eb8fdff2daad210a704ab797.png4290aa6673e72d80fd88dc9c3ba8367b.png

http://www.thomann.de/gb/beyerdynamic_dt770_pro80_ohm.htm

The 80ohm version seems to have a straight cable. Also it seems to be more on the comfy side eventhough it is a "pro" model.

Edit: Yes, it is definitely a straight cable. Pretty nice headphones if you ask me.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

There's a lot of different versions Mr Beans - Look up some unboxings on youtube and sometimes they'll pull out included carrying cases and other accessories that normally don't come with the 250ohm pro

OP, I believe the 32 and 80 ohm versions have straight cables. Edit: have confirmed via Beyerdynamic's website - only the 250ohm DT 770 Pro has a coiled cable.

-snip-

That left one is the 80 ohm which does have a straight cable. I just forgot about it. The 32 ohm has a straight cable too. What I mean't to say is that if you want it in 250ohm and straight cable you will need to find a premium version unless there's some wierd configuration that I'm not aware of. 

What exactly are you planning to use these for?

Wait, I think this is it.

You could give the guys from Thomann a call (I did it really often already and the help/support was excellent all the time) and tell them to solder the straight cable to the 250 ohm verison.

250Ohm: http://www.thomann.de/gb/beyerdynamic_dt770pro.htm

Straight cable: http://www.thomann.de/gb/beyerdynamic_dt_770_pro_ersatzkabel_glatt.htm

I bet they wont even charge for it.

The 80ohm version seems to have a straight cable. Also it seems to be more on the comfy side eventhough it is a "pro" model.

More on the comfy side? In what way? The pads look very similar as does the overall design, perhaps it's less of a tight clamp on the ears?

There's a lot of different versions Mr Beans - Look up some unboxings on youtube and sometimes they'll pull out included carrying cases and other accessories that normally don't come with the 250ohm pro

OP - I believe the 32 and 80 ohm versions have straight cables.

Yes, I have noticed several different configurations being unboxed on youtube, unfortunately I cannot understand German which is the language a good few of them seem to be in so if they explained why I'm going to have missed it.

I would just take the 80ohm but I do not know the output impedance of the receiver I intend to use to drive them so I want to be safe with the 250ohm model, and I also have read that they are slightly less bassy/the pick of the bunch if driving them isn't an issue.

The decision is hard for me because this will be my first 'quality' headphone, I am currently a user of Sennheiser HD202 and I use them for everything including gaming and a vast variety of music to the point that naming genres is pretty futile as it changes daily.

Here is my receiver, the guy reviewing speculated that it should be fine with even 600ohm headphones but didn't say exactly why.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/audio/denon/ud-m30.htm

My receiver is connected via 3.5mm-RCA to my Realtek ALC892 onboard audio output.

What exactly are you planning to use these for?

Listening to music primarily, using this receiver.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/audio/denon/ud-m30.htm

My receiver is connected via 3.5mm-RCA to my Realtek ALC892 onboard audio output.

perhaps it's less of a tight clamp on the ears?

exactly. It has less clamp on the ears, which is nice if you want to enjoy your music.

I don't understand people who talk about the different clamp forces on various "Pro" models. They're all spring steel headbands, so it's not hard to adjust to your liking.

I don't understand people who talk about the different clamp forces on various "Pro" models. They're all spring steel headbands, so it's not hard to adjust to your liking.

THe premium models are less squeezing than the pro models. You will not get the same comfort out of these like with the premiums, even the headband is different. read the forums ;)

THe premium models are less squeezing than the pro models. You will not get the same comfort out of these like with the premiums, even the headband is different. read the forums ;)

I don't think you understand - the headbands on the pro models are metal. Metal can bend. Ergo, you can bend the headband to clamp less than the Premium models.

I don't think you understand - the headbands on the pro models are metal. Metal can bend. Ergo, you can bend the headband to clamp less than the Premium models.

Metal bends. yeah true, but the pading is different and the overall premiumness of the product is just more comfy :D I'd personally go for something that is meant to be comfy than something that can be "modded" or bend for the sake of argument. Probably that is just me after all.

If the headphone clamps too much I will just bend it if that's possible, I don't have a problem with doing that.

The DT770 pro is praised for being comforable/wearable for hours in most reviews I have read/unboxings I have watched so I'm confident I may not even need to, in fact that is one of the reasons why I'm choosing it over the ATH-Mxx(x) models of headphone.

If the headphone clamps too much I will just bend it if that's possible, I don't have a problem with doing that.

The DT770 pro is praised for being comforable/wearable for hours in most reviews I have read/unboxings I have watched so I'm confident I may not even need to, in fact that is one of the reasons why I'm choosing it over the ATH-Mx(x) models of headphone.

hello

if you're searching for comfy headphones, check out sennheiser HD5x8 series, imo they're the comfiest headphones. though its open back...

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

Metal bends. yeah true, but the pading is different and the overall premiumness of the product is just more comfy :D I'd personally go for something that is meant to be comfy than something that can be "modded" or bend for the sake of argument. Probably that is just me after all.

I'd rather have the replaceable padding of the Pro models. To each their own.