headphones : High Pitch sound when around medium volume with people's voices

Sharif
Go to solution Solved by Kevinkt,

why is your lower feq at 100% boost, do you really need bass that bad? and turn down you 16khz a little bit more that should be it

My headphones are the sennhiser HD439 (had them almost a month)

the voices of people get really irritating as there voice gets really annoying around 70% volume

I am watching fairy tail,some peoples voices get high toned when the volume is increased

SPEC :

• Xonar DG
  • headphones ohms - 32
  • output ohms - 64
  •  
post-28149-0-47730000-1407889180.pngSample rate - 96 khz

Question:

• What is the problem here?
  • What can i do to prevent this?

post-28149-0-47730000-1407889180.png

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Is that environment setting off? That could be causing it if it's on.

whats that?

Googleing ......it

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

got no result related to my card

oh your talking about those effects?

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

why is your lower feq at 100% boost, do you really need bass that bad? and turn down you 16khz a little bit more that should be it

Holy BS Effects Batman... turn that garbage off. You have the treble cranked all the way up, as well as the bass. Are you trying to give yourself hearing loss?

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

The sennhieser HD439 has a flat response i did that to add some bass xD

that did do some difference,maybe i should tweak around with them

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

Holy BS Effects Batman... turn that garbage off. You have the treble cranked all the way up, as well as the bass. Are you trying to give yourself hearing loss?

i had that EQ adjusted to my speakers before i didn't touch the higher frequency side for a while.......

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

The sennhieser HD439 has a flat response i did that to add some bass xD

that did do some difference,maybe i should tweak around with them

still, tha'ts a little much i use something like this

05944d740016e015832d0389baddb3c8.png

though i solved it,   

i am curies what was creating that

My headphones drivers not being able to create that frequency?

or

My human ear not excepting that frequency?

@ShearMe

@helping can give a bit feedback please?

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

Either your own tweaking caused it, or the software effects caused it. Either way I'd steer clear of that if I were you and try something else. I wouldn't even use the EQ on that thing. If you want a V shaped frequency that badly you should have used a headphone that has that to begin with.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Either your own tweaking caused it, or the software effects caused it. Either way I'd steer clear of that if I were you and try something else. I wouldn't even use the EQ on that thing. If you want a V shaped frequency that badly you should have used a headphone that has that to begin with.

its just a personal thingy i am sort of glad i chose that becasue i have a different EQ for different things like movies,anime and music

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

though i solved it,   

i am curies what was creating that

My headphones drivers not being able to create that frequency?

or

My human ear not excepting that frequency?

@ShearMe

@helping can give a bit feedback please?

I'm not completely sure what you're asking, but probably a combination of your headphones and that EQ and all the distortion 

Error: 410

OP, have you tried the bass mod? Just gotta open those headphones up, and remove the tape covering the holes on the rear of the driver housing.

[le minute amoutns of EQ picture]

Correct. If you're adding more than 6ish dB on any frequency range, you're doing it wrong.

OP, have you tried the bass mod? Just gotta open those headphones up, and remove the tape covering the holes on the rear of the driver housing.

Correct. If you're adding more than 6ish dB on any frequency range, you're doing it wrong.

I am aware of that,thats another reason i got this headphones ^_^ 

i will do it sometime down the road after i used it for more than 6 months at least,plus warranty.....

this is my latest  tweak 

26150222e053ea3ce7d090e70f70341e.png

is it okay? 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

I tried EQing my headphones. Maybe I just suck, but it felt like I was adding a veil to my headphones when I try to EQ some low-frequency stuff. I just stick with no EQ for now. But the room modes... Like, I had an Asus STX in the past, and they had like, "concert hall effect", "bathroom effect", "cave", etc etc and all of them just sucked. Maybe we could use their "Rock", or "jazz" (genre style EQs) as a starting point for an EQ we want to apply manually though.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Does it sound ok? If so, then yes.

Yup

i was just wondering if its ShearMe approved ;)  

thanks for all your help  :)

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD