503 Service Unavailable? Help please...

Go to solution Solved by SlayerOfHellWyrm,

There's no reason not too, really. Even with a VPN, there are ways of finding out someone's info. You can never be 100% anonymous on the internet. The things you do online, can still give away who you are. That being said, most people don't give a rats as who you are, so don't worry about it.

Hello everyone, I tried ordering my parts today on NCIX.com, but when I click "Cart" or try to add an item to my cart I get a "503 Service Unavailable" thought it would be fixed today, but it's been doing this for 3 days now. It was working fine on Friday...

Asked my cousin if he could try it, and it works perfectly fine for him. I restarted my computer... Nothing. 

Any advice?

is it the only page malfunctioning?

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

clear your browser's cache.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Disconnect/unpower your router/modem for 5 minutes, plug in and try again.

If the problem persists, call ISP and question them about it/maybe ask for a new IP or for them to reset your modem themselves. The alternative to this that has the same effect is unplugging your modem for like 1-3 hours.. If that doesn't work, contact NCIX customer support.

Http status codes (aka error codes) in the 500s means they messed up so it's their server and has nothing to do with you.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Http status codes (aka error codes) in the 500s means they messed up so it's their server and has nothing to do with you.

Yep.

400s = client error

500s = server error.

You can't do anything much about 503 - typically means some server is down. Clearing cache won't help, neither will doing anything on your side. NCIX tech support might help, though.

is it the only page malfunctioning?

Yup, homepage works fine. Just can't add anything to the cart, or view the cart.

clear your browser's cache.

Others said it won't work.

If the problem persists, call ISP and question them about it/maybe ask for a new IP or for them to reset your modem themselves. The alternative to this that has the same effect is unplugging your modem for like 1-3 hours.. If that doesn't work, contact NCIX customer support.

That'll be my last resort option.

How come it works for my cousin though? :L It works on my cell phone though. Let me try another computer in the household...

Yep.

400s = client error

500s = server error.

You can't do anything much about 503 - typically means some server is down. Clearing cache won't help, neither will doing anything on your side. NCIX tech support might help, though.

Works for my cousin, I'll contact tech support though,

503 is as most everyone is saying, server side, however, there are cases where a 503 can be triggered by DNS repeatedly accessing a borked server and not be re-directed properly, so try temporarily switching to a public DNS like 8.8.8.8  or 8.8.4.4 (both Google). If that doesn't resolve the process, there's essentially nothing you can do until they fix it on their end.

30 seconds is all thats needed for consume netowrking hardware capacitors to drain and essentially fix the issues. As well, 1-3 hours, doesn't even come close to guaranteeing you a new IP, since most ISP's seem to leave the DHCP lease at the default 3 days.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

How come it works for my cousin though? :L It works on my cell phone though. Let me try another computer in the household...

It's a server error for your session but it's there's servers fault, I might not have all the info it needs do to it sending the wrong or incomplete data in the first place so try going into private mode in your browser (so there's site data on your computer) and see if it works then.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

503 is as most everyone is saying, server side, however, there are cases where a 503 can be triggered by DNS repeatedly accessing a borked server and not be re-directed properly, so try temporarily switching to a public DNS like 8.8.8.8  or 8.8.4.4 (both Google). If that doesn't resolve the process, there's essentially nothing you can do until they fix it on their end.

30 seconds is all thats needed for consume netowrking hardware capacitors to drain and essentially fix the issues. As well, 1-3 hours, doesn't even come close to guaranteeing you a new IP, since most ISP's seem to leave the DHCP lease at the default 3 days.

It's a server error for your session but it's there's servers fault, I might not have all the info it needs do to it sending the wrong or incomplete data in the first place so try going into private mode in your browser (so there's site data on your computer) and see if it works then.

Is it ok if I use a VPN? Hotspot shield seems to load it up, but I don't want anyone to find out my info.

There's no reason not too, really. Even with a VPN, there are ways of finding out someone's info. You can never be 100% anonymous on the internet. The things you do online, can still give away who you are. That being said, most people don't give a rats as who you are, so don't worry about it.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Thanks, 503 server error got fixed without the VPN, but if it ever happens, i'll use a VPN in incog mode without remembering info just incase.

Thanks, 503 server error got fixed without the VPN, but if it ever happens, i'll use a VPN in incog mode without remembering info just incase.

Why are you so concerned?