900D or TJ11?

D_Brown

So im planning a haswell build ill post the log in build logs thread when i start but this is just a discussion on the case i want to use.

Ive built in many large cases before and i love them to me the bigger the case the better so when i picked up a cosmos 2 recently and built my current gaming system in i notced the case was very large but cant hold alot of hardware and still be spacious.

So for the recent release of the 780 in which ive just picked up 3 EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked 3gb cards with the aftermarket cooler on them which looks amazing im going to throw them in a build when haswell is released most likely an ROG board that Accepts 3-4 GPU's in SLI.

So for the case im really considering a TJ11 because i like the look of them ive seen builds in the past with 4 GPU's and they look amazing with a dual loop for watercooling so thats what i was considering.

But then i saw the 900d unboxing from Linus and i cant choose between them.

So if thers any good or bad points u guys can mention about either of those cases to help me make a decission that would be very help full.

Cheers.

TJ11

I've built in it in a previous build, excellent case, craftsmanship is amazing.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

vertical graphics cards dosent make sense to me 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

First of all, you probably shouldnt throw 3 x 780s in a haswell quad core system. Since you already have the gpus, you should get an X79 platform, with 40-lane pcie support rather than 16 lane pcie supported on Haswell platform, to ensure you get the most performance out of them. I would suggest you go with a 900d, because corsair Is awesome and it is a giant case! It can facilitate 2 x 480mm liquid cooling radiators!!!

- winny3141 :D

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

ummm 900D! they are amazing haha  ;)

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Well I ideally like the TJ11 but since the motherboard is offset and the window is on the other side of the case, it doesn't really fit my likes. So it's 900D as far as case recommendation go

It really is up to you though lol

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

If you want to showcase just the inside of the build go for 900D more clean look. If you want an overall beastly looking build go for the TJ11. Also good job dude, 3 780s and a 350-500$ case, your rig must be extreme. Tbh, I am a bit jelly right now.

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

I think the Corsair 900d looks better in every way apart form the beige one that is messed up on many different levels.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I personally find the 900D ugly, but it does support a lot of rads for maximum cooling

First of all, you probably shouldnt throw 3 x 780s in a haswell quad core system. Since you already have the gpus, you should get an X79 platform, with 40-lane pcie support rather than 16 lane pcie supported on Haswell platform, to ensure you get the most performance out of them. I would suggest you go with a 900d, because corsair Is awesome and it is a giant case! It can facilitate 2 x 480mm liquid cooling radiators!!!

Thats a good point and value for the money on the GPU's ill take that on board

If you want to showcase just the inside of the build go for 900D more clean look. If you want an overall beastly looking build go for the TJ11. Also good job dude, 3 780s and a 350-500$ case, your rig must be extreme. Tbh, I am a bit jelly right now.

Ive been saving my pennys for a big build for a while was tempted at a titan build a little ways back but the 780 was calling me lol 900D $399 Australian Dollars TJ11 $585 Australian Dollars :/

I personally find the 900D ugly, but it does support a lot of rads for maximum cooling

Thats what i thought because im going to put a dual loop system in one for GPU's and another for cpu ram and chipset if i can get the blocks for haswell the TJ11 didnt seem to look like it could take the radiator space needed

TJ11. This is because when I am to build a machine of such high calibre, I'm building it around the utter most clean and beautiful look I can possibly achieve.

To me, that would be with a TJ11. Of course This will differ from person to person.

But you have to consider how many rads is just the right amount of rads? To many and it looks crowded. To little, in a case that supports to many, looks empty. I find there is just the right amount of space in the TJ11 and there is to much space in the 900D when running the right amount of rads for a logically high end system.

4 way titans, sure 900D. 2 titans, TJ12.

You getting me? You shouldn't really get an OP case because they will always look silly if used in aforementioned OP scenarios.

My opinion, but I think it's a good and simple philosophy to stand by :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

what he said

Main:Corsair Obsidian 650D||Corsair AX1200||Asus Rampage IV-E||Intel I7 3930K@4,8Ghz||16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133C9||Asus GTX680 DCUIITOP SLI||full costum waterloop||Cosair Force GT 240GB||2x2.5" WD Black 750GB
bench; Dimastech bench||Corsair HX750||Asus Maximus IV Gene||Intel I7 2600K@4,5Ghz||8Gb Corsair Dominator GT 1866C9||Asus GTX660Ti||XSPC costum waterloop||Corsair Force 3 120GB||4x2TB HDD
Laptop: Apple Macbook Pro 15" 2012

TJ11. This is because when I am to build a machine of such high calibre, I'm building it around the utter most clean and beautiful look I can possibly achieve.

To me, that would be with a TJ11. Of course This will differ from person to person.

But you have to consider how many rads is just the right amount of rads? To many and it looks crowded. To little, in a case that supports to many, looks empty. I find there is just the right amount of space in the TJ11 and there is to much space in the 900D when running the right amount of rads for a logically high end system.

4 way titans, sure 900D. 2 titans, TJ12.

You getting me? You shouldn't really get an OP case because they will always look silly if used in aforementioned OP scenarios.

My opinion, but I think it's a good and simple philosophy to stand by :)

Great advice im definetly leaning more towards the TJ11 i think that the aesthetics are better for a high end system

Dual Loop? Why would you ever do that only brings up the price and allows for 2 places to fail instead of 1. 900D can accommodate more rads and has a better price to how much you can ever so possibly shove in it ratio. Honestly the retarded amount of side window you get on the 900D appeals to me more, I don't think you'll think the 900D is too crowded or too empty with a 480 in the top and 480 in the bottom. Ghost made a post recently showing that the 780 is going to be a beast in terms of wattage so you're going to want more rad space to keep that quiet, you can probably get it quiet enough in a TJ11 but I'm not entirely sure whats the headroom and I don't really like the radiator mounting options. This is purely going to be up to you what I would like to say is don't take opinions just look at them but if you would like a vote I would say go with the 900D, it appeals to me more. 
@edit: Forgot to add, if you most utterly want to have a dual loop(For aesthetics I'd very much assume), I would very much tell you to pick up the 900D, it'll be much easier to do and will probably look much cleaner(This depends on your personal workmanship).

My first reaction would to say 900D.

I fell in love with this case when it was released.

But the release as been so awful its not funny, the majority of people have been waiting for this case for such a long time on pre order and half have not got their cases yet.  I mean pre order since feb 2013... thats a joke.

and 75% of people that have recieved their cases have complaints of broken parts especially the drive bays and window cracks.

Now I am not passing on this case yet, but I am waiting for Corsair to get their act together and fix the issues, and for the Australian market to drop the price from a ridiculous $430.

I have since discovered the TJ11 i am in love again... the 90 degree turn on the mobo is interesting but i like it.

The only this is here in Aus the case retails for $650!!!... but i guess you get what you paid for because its my understanding that there is not as much plastic in this case compared to 900D.

IMO if you got the cash go with TJ11.

My TJ11 :)

not exactly stock..but yeah

build1k.jpg

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Personally i'd go for the TJ11 just because i like the motherboard offset. The Corsair 900D would look really stupid if you can't fill it up though, so you have to make a delicate choice there

But the release as been so awful its not funny, the majority of people have been waiting for this case for such a long time on pre order and half have not got their cases yet.  I mean pre order since feb 2013... thats a joke.

and 75% of people that have recieved their cases have complaints of broken parts especially the drive bays and window cracks.

Now I am not passing on this case yet, but I am waiting for Corsair to get their act together and fix the issues, and for the Australian market to drop the price from a ridiculous $430.

I have since discovered the TJ11 i am in love again... the 90 degree turn on the mobo is interesting but i like it.

The only this is here in Aus the case retails for $650!!!... but i guess you get what you paid for because its my understanding that there is not as much plastic in this case compared to 900D.

yeh ive got the cash ive wanted a TJ11 for a while now i love the look and the mobo layout but the 900d is just a beautiful piece of art so aethetically pleasing i just cant make a decision

I cant make a decision on this i think ill just buy both cases and put a build in each take a long hard look at it and try to make my decision that way

which aussie place sells for 650 or is that with postage cause pccg is only 585.

which aussie place sells for 650 or is that with postage cause pccg is only 585.

Cant remember where I saw it for that price...

but PCCG will be even more expensive, they have the highest postage price i have ever paid.

the point i am trying to make is that it is an expensive case no matter where you buy it in OZ.