Audio Advice

Pacioli

Been looking to upgrade my PC audio solutions for some time now.  Here is what I am looking for

1. A DAC that drives the:

2. Solid headphone.

My bugget is in the ballpark for 450-500$ US.  But if a few extra bucks gets me into the next level I am not affraid to spend a hair more as well.

I should also say that when it comes to the headphone and DAC setup bass isn't the primary goal.  Not to say I don't want any, but I am not a bass head by any means.  Quility of the sound is the primary thing I am looking for.  It will be used for gaming, but it will used with a lot of video and audio editing I am starting to get involved with.  Going to mention that style isn't something I am to worried about either.  It will just be something that hangs in my personal office at the house.

Corsair 900D [ASUS Sabertooth Z87] i7 4770K @ 4.6ghz [x4 4BG Corsair Dominator Platnum 2133mhz]
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (OS) [2TB  Western Digital Caviar Black (Storage)] 2x Nivida 980GTX SLI 

Beyerdynamic DT990's [Logitech 600] Razor Blackwiddow Ultimate [MS XBOX360 gamepad]

What are you currently using?

You could probably look at a mayflower O2+ODAC and DT880 or something.

HE400 are probably in your price range as well, but I'm not well read on what those are intended for or how they perform.

Error: 410

What kind of things are you interested in listening too? 

Well the audio editting is going to be for editting VODs.  So voical lay over with background sound.  My music of choice really is mixed.  Honestly so mixed that its hard to pin down.

My current set up is just an old console hold over with like 2012 A40s.  So nothing special.  Your basic package deal but the phones themselves are starting to get a little aged.

Corsair 900D [ASUS Sabertooth Z87] i7 4770K @ 4.6ghz [x4 4BG Corsair Dominator Platnum 2133mhz]
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (OS) [2TB  Western Digital Caviar Black (Storage)] 2x Nivida 980GTX SLI 

Beyerdynamic DT990's [Logitech 600] Razor Blackwiddow Ultimate [MS XBOX360 gamepad]

Well for your more professional work I would like to recommend something like the 7506.
At that point you can look into something like the DT990's for listening. 

Want to thank the people that tossed advice.

The Mayflower O2+ODAC is a pretty great amp.  I really love the build quality and it really puts out some good juice.  I ended up going for the DT990's 250ohm.  I have to say the mids are freaking amazing in those things.

The guys I am going to work for are going to get me some professional headphones for doing the work.  So when I get with them I will figure out the budget there and then might be asking some more questions. :)

Thanks again!

Want to thank the people that tossed advice.

The Mayflower O2+ODAC is a pretty great amp. I really love the build quality and it really puts out some good juice. I ended up going for the DT990's 250ohm. I have to say the mids are freaking amazing in those things.

The guys I am going to work for are going to get me some professional headphones for doing the work. So when I get with them I will figure out the budget there and then might be asking some more questions. :)

Thanks again!

The DT990's are professional headphones lol. Glad you're happy with them, and thanks for the feedback. :)