monsoon silver plug

Go to solution Solved by Shaqo_Wyn,

I am planning to use the XT-1 clear from Mayhems, is it ok to use it with this, or is it just redundant?

Here's some of the idea's that I have.

1) Directly on the Rad. because i'll be using the Multiport version of the XSPC EX360

2) On the return line to the tube reservoir using a T adaptor

3) On the extra G1/4 hole on the EK D5 X-Top CSQ -Plexi

1 or 3 seems like the easiest most straight forward solution. XT-1 is a specialized liquid with a way lower freezing point than you'll probably need. Just go with X1, it already has biocides in it but I'd add a res plug anyway. However that's just my paranoia. :P

I use one, does the same job as a kill coil but I think its cleaner looking

I saw this and thought It was perfect to put on my loop. Worth it? Any first hand users? If I'm going to put this, what part of the loop should I put it, near the rad or the res or doesn't matter?

Monsoon Anti-Bacterial silver cartridge G1/4

They work in exactly the same way as a kill coil would. You can put it anywhere, where it's in constant contact with the liquid in your loop. I usually go for a res or in the end tank of a rad.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I use one, does the same job as a kill coil but I think its cleaner looking

They work in exactly the same way as a kill coil would. You can put it anywhere, where it's in constant contact with the liquid in your loop. I usually go for a res or in the end tank of a rad.

I am planning to use the XT-1 clear from Mayhems, is it ok to use it with this, or is it just redundant?

1) Directly on the Rad. because i'll be using the Multiport version of the XSPC EX360

1 or 3 seems like the easiest most straight forward solution. XT-1 is a specialized liquid with a way lower freezing point than you'll probably need. Just go with X1, it already has biocides in it but I'd add a res plug anyway. However that's just my paranoia. :P

Unfortunately the local store i'm window shopping at, doesn't carry the X1's and Amazon is selling them with a 100% markup. so yeah, no thanks  :lol:

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the XT-1 and the X1 has the same biocides, properties etc. it's just that the XT-1 has the lower freezing point?

Unfortunately the local store i'm window shopping at, doesn't carry the X1's and Amazon is selling them with a 100% markup. so yeah, no thanks  :lol:

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the XT-1 and the X1 has the same biocides, properties etc. it's just that the XT-1 has the lower freezing point?

http://www.mayhems.co.uk/front/coolant-guide.html#.U-lZmfldUt0

Yep, that seems to be the only significant difference. It's also ethylene glycol based but that shouldn't be a problem.

http://www.mayhems.co.uk/front/coolant-guide.html#.U-lZmfldUt0

Yep, that seems to be the only significant difference. It's also ethylene glycol based but that shouldn't be a problem.

Yup, exact page I'm reading at the moment  :) I guess I just wanted a confirmation  :P

Then that's it. I'm taking the XT-1  :)

Thanks for the help. Til next time  ^_^