Moving to Canada

Admiaczking

Really I have no idea where I would go, probably somewhere densely populated

I would suggest Vancouver. It's much better than Toronto. Toronto has just become an overpopulated mess. Much like New York. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

I would suggest Vancouver. It's much better than Toronto. Toronto has just become an overpopulated mess. Much like New York. 

What about Calgary, Alberta, Canada?

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

What about Calgary, Alberta, Canada?

Meh. If i were to move anywhere in Canada if i didn't already live there. It would be Vancouver, or Northern Ontario. Like Muskoka region.

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Meh. If i were to move anywhere in Canada if i didn't already live there. It would be Vancouver, or Northern Ontario. Like Muskoka region.

Maybe OP should live way up north and befriend a population of polar bears, penguins, and moose.  :lol:

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Maybe OP should live way up north and befriend a population of polar bears, penguins, and moose.  :lol:

I live somewhat north. I've befriended the Chipmunks and Rabbits. A

Edit: I missed correcting you. Penguins live at the south pole. Not the north. 

I live somewhat north. I've befriended the Chipmunks and Rabbits. 

Are any of them named Chip, Dale, Alvin, Theodore, Simon, and Bugs?  :lol:

If you're considering immigration to Quebec, you HAVE to take a french exam to be let in and the winters can go down to -40 Celsius with windchill an expect 30-40 cm of snow on bad days . You should also make sure you get a milk bag holder  ^_^ 

Oh and the summers are actually HOT in some places of Canada. In Quebec, most of July and August is in the 25-30s and its really humid so it feels even hotter. Find someplace with good AC.

Are all Canadians forced to learn French?  And if not, if a Vancouver Canadian who never learned french visits Quebec, are they looked down on / spit on?  Please say yes, more drama makes the world more fun.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Are all Canadians forced to learn French?  And if not, if a Vancouver Canadian who never learned french visits Quebec, are they looked down on / spit on?  Please say yes, more drama makes the world more fun.

I think that's only in Québec. There were some controversies over that since anyone who lives there must learn French regardless of their situation. So, if a refugee from say, Turkey - hypothetical story; just go with it -, and he can only speak Turkish, then he must learn French if he wants to stay or whatever. Then again, this was from some old articles in French class - we had stuff from the 90's. So, I bet things have changed - a bit.

Since there are fanatics, extremists, and radicals everywhere, I wouldn't be surprised if someone who doesn't speak French and goes to Québec doesn't get ridiculed or insulted because said visitor only speaks Dutch, Russian, and Polish. Heck, we have this situation in the US, England, France, Japan, China, Brazil, and everywhere else. France for one, looks down on Canadian French speakers because of their "rural and uneducated" accent. Northern Vietnamese do the same on Southern Vietnamese. Chinese people look down on other Chinese people. The caste system still exists in someway in place like India. People are just people, I guess.

I think that's only in Québec. There were some controversies over that since anyone who lives there must learn French regardless of their situation. So, if a refugee from say, Turkey - hypothetical story; just go with it -, and he can only speak Turkish, then he must learn French if he wants to stay or whatever. Then again, this was from some old articles in French class - we had stuff from the 90's. So, I bet things have changed - a bit.

Since there are fanatics, extremists, and radicals everywhere, I wouldn't be surprised if someone who doesn't speak French and goes to Québec doesn't get ridiculed or insulted because said visitor only speaks Dutch, Russian, and Polish. Heck, we have this situation in the US, England, France, Japan, China, Brazil, and everywhere else. France for one, looks down on Canadian French speakers because of their "rural and uneducated" accent. Northern Vietnamese do the same on Southern Vietnamese. Chinese people look down on other Chinese people. The caste system still exists in someway in place like India. People are just people, I guess.

Now that I never realized.  I knew American accents are often taken to be oafish by people in the UK, especially the ones from the south (although I have to say, that chav accent is close to the rural south in terms of ability to grate).  This deserves its own post on my and other impressions of other accents.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Vancouver ftw!! Biased ofc. I have been all over Canada and nothing comes close to BC. The Ocean, Mountains and lakes all close to each other. It has been hot this summer. 20+ days over 30c so far. It rarely gets below 5c in the winter. It only snowed twice last winter and the snow is gone in a couple days. You dont need boots for the winter or the rain unless u walk everywhere. Lots to keep you busy in Vancouver and some of the best food in the world.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/

The applications take a while to prossess and If you move to Quebec you WILL have French shoved deeply down your throat. But Quebec only accepts French immigrants really.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

What? No one mentioned the nation's capital?

Not nearly as crowded as Toronto, nice and quiet(ish?) to live in, but Vancouver is good too.

Seriously tho come to Ottawa im lonely

Pfft, 'harsh Toronto winters.'  If surviving Canadian winters were a video game, Toronto would be the tutorial.

Ahahaa that made my night, because it's so true xD

It all depends where you go. I live in Montreal where the majority of anglophones live so its normal to see people here who aren't fluent in french. But in the public, you'll definitely have to speak french because by law, public works and other people working for the public only have to speak french if they want. 

It all depends where you go. I live in Montreal where the majority of anglophones live so its normal to see people here who aren't fluent in french. But in the public, you'll definitely have to speak french because by law, public works and other people working for the public only have to speak french if they want. 

Note to self.  If I ever visit, I should just repeat this over and over to random Canadians there:  

Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir

Voulez vous coucher avec moi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn-LWzvEEdc#t=1m18s

If I must speak french, I will say the only thing I know.

Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir

Voulez vous coucher avec moi

Just don't say it to the little ones and you'll be fine  ;)