My pc image has gone black & white

Pim1

Hi guys I have had my pc for 6 weeks now with no problems at all until last night when my image just turned black & white. I have unplugged GPU and put it in again. Swapped hdmi leads and they are ok. Pc works fine other than no colour.

My rig is

Intel 4690k

Z97-k

R9 290 tri-x

Corsair 750w

8 gig ram 1600mhz

128gb SSD

Any help would be appreciated as I have an oculus rift about to land any day and if I need to send parts back I need to do that ASAP

Thanks

Do you have a spare monitor laying around the house?

Did you restart it?

Remember to be a good citizen and choose a 'best answer' when your problem has been resolved!

(that way people know when a problem's been resolved)

Have you tried the integrated Intel GPU?

Is the BIOS also in monochrome or only Windows?

have you checked the display settings?i suggest you reset them

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I think I'd like the old timey feel. You know like the ASUS monitors from the 20's. Those were awesome back then.

But really I think this is a monitor problem. If you have a tv lying around plug it into that. Is the bios black and white?

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Thanks for reply. I have my pc set up with my samsung UED8000 LED tv . It has a pc mode imput which is what the hdmi cable is plugged into. When I press the tv menu it has colour on tv setting screen.

How do I use the integrated graphics ?

Does this sound like a GPU problem ?

Thanks

Could be a setting in the GPU driver.

Bios is in colour

In that case this is a software issue. No need to replace any parts, just fuck around with some settings in Windows instead.

Just to update I used a hdmi-dvi converter and image was full colour. I uninstalled the graphics driver and put driver cd back in and all sorted. Cheers