Estimate on Fibre Optical Cabling in Australia

G510Gamer
Go to solution Solved by Marvzl1357,

:( fairwell my friend your internet will lie in pieces with 10000 packets of data stuck inside it 

r.i.p.

we will miss you, lost packets  -_-

Need a small amount of information to see when australia is getting fibre optic cables "aka not shit" internet

Need a small amount of information to see when australia is getting fibre optic cables "aka not shit" internet

Australia is so stupid when it comes to internet :c. I feel your pain (I had a 0.5 mbit/s line for a while)

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Australia is so stupid when it comes to internet :c. I feel your pain (I had a 0.5 mbit/s line for a while)

IKR! aussie internet sucks ball sacks for dinner 

IKR! aussie internet sucks ball sacks for dinner 

Now I have 180/18 THANK GOD FOR DUTCHIES!

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Now I have 180/18 THANK GOD FOR DUTCHIES!

:( god internet would be fun 

it doesn't particularly matter when it's coming, apparently it's still slow as balls compared to the world

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

it doesn't particularly matter when it's coming, apparently it's still slow as balls compared to the world

got that bloody right

My god I'm so mad at Australian internet. I was so excited to learn that NBN was rolling out, and then bam! I check the rollout map. My address is not even considered to have NBN construction commencing for at least another year. Cable internet? Pfft, no need to get your hopes up. 

Stuck with 4mbps internet, and whenever somebody downloads anything in my house, you can't do anything. 

Save.me

CoolerMaster Storm Scout 2 Black - Intel Core i5-4570 - CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 Evo - Sapphire Radeon HD7950 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB - ASRock Fatal1ty H87 Performance - Seagate Baracuda 1TB HDD - Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB - Seasonic G-550 - BenQ GW2255 21.5" LED Monitor

2016 MacBook Pro 13" - Google Pixel

My god I'm so mad at Australian internet. I was so excited to learn that NBN was rolling out, and then bam! I check the rollout map. My address is not even considered to have NBN construction commencing for at least another year. Cable internet? Pfft, no need to get your hopes up. 

Stuck with 4mbps internet, and whenever somebody downloads anything in my house, you can't do anything. 

Save.me

http://gyazo.com/4d2abf19022c538871ab1c297281ce49

my internet sucks too but i get a MASSIVE 1 mb/s difference 

got that bloody right

ikr, currently running on 10 Mbps down, 0.1 Mbps up 

0.1 up! how the hell am I supposed to not piss people when playing bf3 online when other people can't get my freaking packets fast enough exaggerated a touch. Have to stop as soon as my sister starts facebooking...

Tony Abbott, do you feel no sympathy?
Tony-Abbott-Funny-Meme-Gollum.jpg?itok=D

DAZZA THE DRAGON, MEMER AND KING OF DORITOS AND MOUNTAIN DEW.

ikr, currently running on 10 Mbps down, 0.1 Mbps up 

0.1 up! how the hell am I supposed to not piss people when playing bf3 online when other people can't get my freaking packets fast enough exaggerated a touch. Have to stop as soon as my sister starts facebooking...

i aculy have 2 people that constantly use my internet watching youtube and stuffs and it aculy barable but then again i do have gigabit switches and NUCS so yeah that might be why its barable because i have faster data transfer 

i aculy have 2 people that constantly use my internet watching youtube and stuffs and it aculy barable but then again i do have gigabit switches and NUCS so yeah that might be why its barable because i have faster data transfer 

well, you're pretty lucky then.

no such hope for me. 

well, you're pretty lucky then.

no such hope for me. 

:( fairwell my friend your internet will lie in pieces with 10000 packets of data stuck inside it 

r.i.p.

we will miss you, lost packets  -_-

xD love it 

bottom line is, doesn't matter when the nbn rollout is, it will still be behind compared to the many other countries, but an evolutionary (not revolutionary nor breathtaking) improvement to Australia's shitty internet.

Still nothing to really hold your breath about though.

bottom line is, doesn't matter when the nbn rollout is, it will still be behind compared to the many other countries, but an evolutionary (not revolutionary nor breathtaking) improvement to Australia's shitty internet.

yeah but its just because its fucking underfunded and all the people say "we dont need better internet SEND IT TO THE SCHOOLS" but even internet is a educational tool, and the buisness people aculy need it because they use it for communication, file sharing, and a whole lot of other things. also THINK OF THE GAMERS!

The NBN would have been on par with everyone else. You go to FTTH, there ain't much better than that. Sure early on we would have only been able to get 100/40Mbps (lol, "only", I'm on 6/1Mbps) and that's still the case but it would have (and I think already has) gone onto 250Mbps, 500Mbps and so on. Then 10GPON for the post-Gbps 'nets. Then potentially even beyond that with minimal expense. That's where we were going and despite the politicking we would have landed there within the next 5 years or so. Even the Libs anti-FTTH propaganda papers conceded it would have been doable by 2021, within budget and with a return on investment.

But now? We're not getting that, that's not the official plan. However what we are getting is not what I'd call "the NBN" anyways. When we do get the NBN? Yeah, we'll be up there again. How long? No idea but it is inevitable, tech marches on and we'll land there when the big wigs work it out. And by the look of the polls? This is just a speedbump not a derailing. ;)

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing