Fan blade broke off on a Evga 560 ti DS, can it be fixed?

Nuds
Go to solution Solved by Nuds,

We ended up replacing the broken fan. We pulled off the Fan assembly and got a part number and found a replacement online.

1VqI08T.jpg

JcnTtTp.jpg

kKfToJa.jpg

So my friend's 560 ti was making weird noises today when he was running games, we checked inside his case and found that one fan blade had broken off. I don't know if we can get help from Evga support because he was given this card so he has no documentation. Is there a remedy for this that does not involve buying a new card?

My ideas:

Break off the fin on the other side (hopefully balances the fan), glue the fin back on (same idea), find a cheap used Evga 560 ti DS and use it for parts, use an aftermarket air cooler, use an AIO and a Kraken G10 bracket.

Obviously we don't wanna spend too much money but any help would be great.

Example of the card:

01G-P3-1567-AR_LG_4.jpg

Those fans have more blades than usual. It should work fine without it.

Just remove the broken blade, it will do fine for now. I'd replace it with an aftermarket cooler at some point though. 

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I would try contact EVGA about it, as even without documentation they can provide some ideas/solutions and maybe sell a replacement fan. I've contacted them about an unstable card in the past without documentation (second hand) and they were willing to help me, so it's definitely worth a try. 

If just the fin snapped off, it should still operate normally. If it starts rattling/vibrating then it's misaligned. If that's the case i would advise keeping the PC's on time to a minimum until you can get a replacement/aftermarket cooler.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

If just the fin snapped off, it should still operate normally. If it starts rattling/vibrating then it's misaligned. If that's the case i would advise keeping the PC's on time to a minimum until you can get a replacement/aftermarket cooler.

alright, would anyone happen to know if there is a replacement part for these fans?

alright, would anyone happen to know if there is a replacement part for these fans?

Think you'd have to contact EVGA directly.

had this happen with a evga gtx 650, just break the blade on the opposite side and it will counter the imbalance of air flow. it worked for me and im not liable for what you do just what i did to remedy my situation. 

good luck

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount

had this happen with a evga gtx 650, just break the blade on the opposite side and it will counter the imbalance of air flow. it worked for me and im not liable for what you do just what i did to remedy my situation. 

good luck

I doubt this would work, especially since the fans have an ODD number of blades so any attempt to counter balance wouldn't work...

I doubt this would work, especially since the fans have an ODD number of blades so any attempt to counter balance wouldn't work...

Yeah examining the photo you are right. It has 11 blades. Well shoot he contacted evga support and they said they would talk to him in 1 to 2 days about it.

Evga support said that attaching the blade back on or breaking it was a bad idea, they wanted us to register the card (we can't do that because we don't have an invoice) and they also recommended aftermarket cooling. So anyone have a favorite gpu cooler to recommend?

Is upgrading to a newer card out of the question? If so I have a 560 ti from my old system sitting around, PM me.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

contact EVGA

they may send you another fan for replacement 

or time for a modding project 

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

contact EVGA

they may send you another fan for replacement 

or time for a modding project 

we did contact them, they said they couldn't do anything for us, my friend is not the original owner.