Choice of three displays.

Judge Judy

What would you say is the best choice of display for gaming and general use?

Korean 27" 2560x1440 S-IPS Here

LG 25" 2560x1080 UltraWide IPS Here

Asus 23" 1920x1080 IPS Here

Using a GTX 780 if anyone wants to know.

If you have any other suggestions i'd be comfortable spending up to £300 about $500 although these are a lot cheaper.

I am also not concerned about achieving max FPS or trying to find a monitor with highest Hertz.

the Korean monitor looks good, although you're probably going to want to eventually replace the stand because they tend to be flimsy.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

worst name and avatar combo of all time....

but 1440p

Hahahah

the Korean monitor looks good, although you're probably going to want to eventually replace the stand because they tend to be flimsy.

Yeah, it seems to support a VESA mount so will probably do that right away. 

Personally i am a nvidia surround gamer that hates the inconvenience that triple monitors bring so i would vote for the LG but it all depends on what you like the most.

If you like sharp images with a high pixel rate the Korean one is the best, if you are like me and like to be immersed the LG is hard to beat but if you prefer good build quality and portability i would have gone with the asus one.

What would you say is the best choice of display for gaming and general use?

Korean 27" 2560x1440 S-IPS Here

LG 25" 2560x1080 UltraWide IPS Here

Asus 23" 1920x1080 IPS Here

Using a GTX 780 if anyone wants to know.

If you have any other suggestions i'd be comfortable spending up to £300 about $500 although these are a lot cheaper.

I am also not concerned about achieving max FPS or trying to find a monitor with highest Hertz.

I'd not get the ultrawide 25" monitor. Prices are better on German Amazon, which delivers to the UK.

I think the LG 29ea73-p is about £220 on that, factor in another £15-20 for postage and you've snagged yourself a bargain.

If you want to stick to 16:9 1080p though then I'd recommend the Dell u2414h, it costs the same as that Asus you linked to, but I think is supposed to be better.

Personally i am a nvidia surround gamer that hates the inconvenience that triple monitors bring so i would vote for the LG but it all depends on what you like the most.

If you like sharp images with a high pixel rate the Korean one is the best, if you are like me and like to be immersed the LG is hard to beat but if you prefer good build quality and portability i would have gone with the asus one.

Thanks, its a really hard decision to make 21:9 or 1440, might just buy both....

I'd not get the ultrawide 25" monitor. Prices are better on German Amazon, which delivers to the UK.

Have you ever tried this? Did you encounter any VAT or any kind of duty to pay?

You should got triple  21:9, get all the FOV.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Have you ever tried this? Did you encounter any VAT or any kind of duty to pay?

I imported a laptop from Germany, you only have to pay the local rate of VAT which is included in the price. That's how it is set out according to the EU principle of freedom of movement of goods and of capital :)

If you do a bit of digging you can work out price for postage, it's quite cheap on amazon and depends on weight more than anything else.

Oh, and you'll also probably need an EU - UK plug adapter, another few quid there.

Thanks, its a really hard decision to make 21:9 or 1440, might just buy both....

Well if that is something you are looking into i would recommend the LG34um95 because it can switch between both of those modes and is tall as a 27" while being a 34"