Paragraph to convince my parents to let me build a PC.

PrehistoricDuck

im 16 years old man I build a pc some time ago and its nothing hard im telling u. u cant really screw anything up. when u do it for the first time just take ur time and make sure u do everything, first do a lot of research, ask people choose ur parts carefully, read reviews and make sure there are no compatibility issues. really its not hard, it took me a lot of time, like 4hours but that's cause I was mostly doublechecking things half the time and wanted to manage the wires real nice. I don't know how it is for others but for me it was a pretty awesome experience and definitely a lot of fun. and I gotta say it payed off I'm building pc's for two of my friends and most likely will be able to do some half time work in the nearby computer store. so yeah u learn something and its something u can earn some money on. if u want I can even talk to ur parents and try to convince them or if u need some tips then u can ask as well.

and concerning the ps3 I have one and... yeah its kinda... BAD!!! so the whole PS3 thing ur dad is talking about... well it would be best if u could sell it to some idiot and if not then just throw it out the window... well just kidding about that window but yeah best get a PC.

and good luck to u sir. :)

Sell the PS3 to pay for a decent case, I would recommend the Corsair Air 540 for first time builders since it takes cable management and throws it out the window. This will show your dad that you're commited to doing better than console.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

If you want to pursue a technical job in the future this sort of thing will be invaluable for you.  The only way you would break anything is if you are a klutz or don't understand how fragile certain parts can be.  

If you're posting on this forum you probably already know that and there are enough tutorial videos on Youtube to cover any uncertainties.

If you want to pursue a technical job in the future this sort of thing will be invaluable for you.  The only way you would break anything is if you are a klutz or don't understand how fragile certain parts can be.  

If you're posting on this forum you probably already know that and there are enough tutorial videos on Youtube to cover any uncertainties.

How is PC building not a mandatory class for highschool students yet? To be followed closely by the 15 minute seminar "why console's are shit, and why you shouldn't ever buy one for any reason". Seriously, it would be time better spent than in say, gym class.

How is PC building not a mandatory class for highschool students yet? To be followed closely by the 15 minute seminar "why console's are shit, and why you shouldn't ever buy one for any reason". Seriously, it would be time better spent than in say, gym class.

Schools are to cheap!

Schools are to cheap!

Well, fire the gym teacher and close down after school sports. Useless bullshit anyways.

Well, fire the gym teacher and close down after school sports. Useless bullshit anyways.

P.E is mandatory unfortunately

P.E is mandatory unfortunately

yes and completely useless, replace it with PC building and basic computer classes.

Oh and tell your dad "with the looming massive unemployment as a result of further automation predicted to hit by 2025, it's a good idea for me to start learning how to work on and service complex electronic equipment so I have a chance at having a job and being able to eat". Unlike the jocks, who can look forward to food riots and spirit crushing poverty

Just tell them you can use the PC for school purpose as well, the PS3 is only for entertainment (games and movies), the PC will serve you as: gaming machine, homework machine, general entertainment machine, and if you build it well enough and "future proof" it will probably serve you as work machine when you graduate if you study something like graphic design, IT, or something similar. That's what I did.

Sounds like he's is spending his parents money to do it. He's one of those kids.

The 6-Year Old family Desktop's Hard Drive is starting to fail, and my dad plans to build a new computer with me to replace it. I'm paying for 1/2 of it, and my parents are paying for the other 1/2. Am I one of those kids? :(. Its a $600 Budget family computer, but I'll be taking it to college, which is pretty far away. (In Middle School)

I don't want to be one of those kids.... :(.

Nah, I saved up about £700 doing odd jobs around the neighborhood. It took about a year.  

??????

If it's your hard-earned money, you should be able to spend it on whatever you want. I don't think your parents realize how much harder it is to earn money as a kid.

The 6-Year Old family Desktop's Hard Drive is starting to fail, and my dad plans to build a new computer with me to replace it. I'm paying for 1/2 of it, and my parents are paying for the other 1/2. Am I one of those kids? :(. Its a $600 Budget family computer, but I'll be taking it to college, which is pretty far away. (In Middle School)

I don't want to be one of those kids.... :(.

??????

If it's your hard-earned money, you should be able to spend it on whatever you want. I don't think your parents realize how much harder it is to earn money as a kid.

I think it is just that they would rather me save the money instead of spending it on a computer.

Reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

0631d8228bc570d408f8e98940923550.png

You don't even know basic history on simple Potato chips in terms of brand age (Lays came first), no PC for you. :P

If you want a serious answer, buy it yourself. It bothers me when we have threads of members wanting advice on how to influence their parents in someway. Get a side job, save the cash and built it yourself. They can't say nothing to that. I can't think of many parents that would give a care over which platform plays video games better. If I were a parent and this was the only reason my kid wanted a PC for, I would deny in a heartbeat. PCs are powerful tools and if one can't respect them and only sees them as a more powerful video game platform and nothing more, I wouldn't give them attention. If they came to me genuinely interested in how PCs worked and wanted to become more technical, I would be more than happy to over see them build a rig.

tl;dr "Daddy I want want more frames" isn't going to cut it. You need to express genuine interest in computers.