Direct X Crashing and Whole Computer Freaks Out!

I have an ASUS HG7770-2GD5. And whenever I play BF3, Skyrim, and Smite. I will play about five minutes into the game and my computer will go nuts. It will go back to the desktop and only the square that has the Windows Symbol in the bottom left corner and the taskbar on the bottom and a black screen. I can't use my mouse and if I do Ctrl + Alt + Del it will glitch back and forth and if I do nothing it will eventually get to a blue screen but I've only goten it to a blue screen once. I can't imagine that this is good for my computer at all. But it is only when I'm in intense games I can overload my computer with anything but ONE GAME! I think that is stupid but if you need anymore information please don't hesitate to ask me for it! Thank you for any help you give me!

Very interesting, at first it sounds like a driver crash, but... weird.

A few follow up questions might help though:

What version of AMD drivers are you running?

Is your card overclocked beyond out of the box settings?

Do you have any cooling issues?

In what games exactly does this happen?

I am running the latest AMD Catalyst it has been overlooked for a while now and this just started happening to it but I will try it with a stock clock and tell youb what happens. I thought cooling at first but I monitored it and it will stay about 45 degrees Celsius. As of the games it crashes after about fifteen minutes of play on Battlefield 3, Skyrim, and Smite.

Well I brought the overclock down and now it works fine so I guess I found the problem but thanks for the help. I'll try that first next time.