Need A PC Racing Wheel For Around $150

YellowMenace

I've been in the market for a new pc racing wheel for around $150. What do you guys recommend? 

I've been looking at this, this, and this. Are they any good?

CPU: AMD FX 8320e | Mobo: Gigabyte GA‑78LMT‑USB3 | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper n520 | RAM: 8Gb @ 1333MHz

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 mITX | PSU: Antec HCG 520w | Storage: Sandisk 120GB - WD Red 1TB | Case: Modded IBM A50 sleeper

All displayed on an AOC I2421VWH

Don't get the first one because i had that one before. The grip can worn out, get the g27 if you have enough money. If you don't then get the second or third depending which color you like. 

OH GOD THE THRUSTMASTER... The way it gets more resistance then you turn is because it uses bungee rope. No shit. Spend more and get this: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-PlayStation-Driving-Force-Racing-3/dp/B0015HYPOO/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1407554808&sr=1-1&keywords=driving+force+gt

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

the ONLY acceptable cheap racing wheel is Logitech Driving Force GT for under $150. Other than that, the force feed back motor(if it has one at all) is absolute crap.

Just google forums about logitech DFGT and you would see even the pros in the day recommend and use it.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

OH GOD THE THRUSTMASTER... The way it gets more resistance then you turn is because it uses bungee rope. No shit. Spend more and get this: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-PlayStation-Driving-Force-Racing-3/dp/B0015HYPOO/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1407554808&sr=1-1&keywords=driving+force+gt

the ONLY acceptable cheap racing wheel is Logitech Driving Force GT for under $150. Other than that, the force feed back motor(if it has one at all) is absolute crap.

Just google forums about logitech DFGT and you would see even the pros in the day recommend and use it.

Those are not really $125-$150, just look at the shipping. The cheapest that one comes in at is around $250.

CPU: AMD FX 8320e | Mobo: Gigabyte GA‑78LMT‑USB3 | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper n520 | RAM: 8Gb @ 1333MHz

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 mITX | PSU: Antec HCG 520w | Storage: Sandisk 120GB - WD Red 1TB | Case: Modded IBM A50 sleeper

Those are not really $125-$150, just look at the shipping. The cheapest that one comes in at is around $250.

Well shit, you will HATE the thrustmaster.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Well shit, you will HATE the thrustmaster.

Asides from the plasticy feel and bungee/ spring thing, what's wrong with them?

There are not many options around $100. The only other ones that have any decent reviews are the $40 ones with like a 9" wheel for the PS2.

Asides from the plasticy feel and bungee/ spring thing, what's wrong with them?

There are not many options around $100. The only other ones that have any decent reviews are the $40 ones with like a 9" wheel for the PS2.

They wear out in only a few months too. The wheel actually veers after a few months use.

The thing I'm really looking for is larger turning angle over force feedback. Force feedback may be great, but is not needed and I can deal without it.

I rather have a wheel without it over not having a wheel at all or using an xbox controller.

srry to say but the driving force gt is the cheapest you gonna get that is decent anything less is just plain stupid, and ive used some of them and they all blowed donkeyballs!

Then i got the G27 broke my wallet and never looked back

Let's agree to disagree

The thing I'm really looking for is larger turning angle over force feedback. Force feedback may be great, but is not needed and I can deal without it.

I rather have a wheel without it over not having a wheel at all or using an xbox controller.

I tried other cheap wheels like Logitech Momo, Thrustmaster F430, Microsoft x360 wireless wheel, etc... and the difference is just night and day.

With the DFGT, you actually feel like you are driving a car and feeling every bump, oversteer, understeer and when you put too much throttle and spin the wheels.

With other cheap wheels, there is just absolutely no feeling at all, even while playing arcadish games such as dirt 3 it is impossible to set a decent lap as you cannot tell what the car is doing or if you are close to the maximum amount of grip possible without loosing control.

driving with a proper wheel it can give you give a great experience especially if you are pushing through the limit like on a knife edge constantly balancing the car.

I suggest you save up more as the difference in quality is just too big.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

How good is the Logitech Wingman? It's around $130 with shipping.

bump